Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lego = smart?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

I made a big pyramid-like thing too! Indestructible. What would we do without lego??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Spog
    I made a big pyramid-like thing too! Indestructible. What would we do without lego??
    I dunno. Mechano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

In fact i did both. I tried to make a full sized millenium falcon, then realised it'd take years. So I made a scale- model. My own scale.

With meccano, I built a plane, complete with motor. when driven off a hieght, it can fly 3 inches forward, and then hits the ground. It is still intact surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

With mecano, I built a production line for making other lego toys (well loosly fromed boxes).

On the subject of sex toys from lego, I'd guess ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Here's a picture of my greatest ever lego creation, made completely from scratch.

P.S. Excuse the poor picture quality. I used a very cheap camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

Lego is the ultimate tool for the imagination... I mean, as long as you have the time and mobility, you can translate exactly what you're imagination peceives into reality, which was one of the most satisfying things about Lego.

Personally, I still love Lego. I have a huge blue tub full of it sitting under my bed. Like, just last year I flooded my floor with it... I made this waist-high control tower that doubled as a TV remote holder!

My biggest venture to date has been the ongoing update of my space-fleet - the Laxidanian Empire. Partly StarWars inspired, at one time I had like 15 different spaceships in the fleet. (pics later)

Yes... Lego rules.

IDEA... perhaps as the imagination becomes more stimulated by new input and ideas, so does the mind become more powerful, thus leading to a higher level of early brain development? Therefore, lego = smart is actually true?

Advertisement