Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6310 Outbox

• 12-08-2003 2:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

I used to have a copy of my sent text messages appear in the outbox but for some reason this no longer happens. I've searched through the menus, but can't seem to find a setting for it.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Philip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Do you know what version the firmware is?

If not, just key in the following on your phone and it'll display the firmware version

*#0000#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Ok, here's what got:

V.04.10
    NPE-4

Cheers

Philip

Anybody? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I always wanted my old 6310 and then a 6310i to do that, but it never would. The outbox would normally be used to messages that are being sent. The sent folder would be used for sent messages but this is not available on the 6310. The 7650 does have a sent folder and from experience, is the only nokia handset that offers the facility to save outgoing messages in a sent folder.

Bugrit :mad:

Thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Philipx
    Anybody? :(

mine wouldn't save to the outbox automatically either, only way to keep a copy of the text was once the messge had sent and you still had the write message screen still in front of you with the message text there, was to choose options and save message to outbox

though it only saved the text and time it was saved rather than what no it was sent to

atb,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

that you can find out (along with the time that the message was delivered) if you turn on delivery receipts, however it doesn't contain the text you sent ... very annoying when you have a habit of sending texts when you're least able to remember what you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I always wondered what the heck that folder was all about. iIf it doesn't work why is it there. Dumb nokia. Personally while the phone has some good points the menu system is poorly thought out. The nokia menu system is full of contradictions and is different on every phone. Though its selling point is that is the same on every phone. But it isn't. for example the alarm clock is in different places, some phones have a timeout lock on the keypad but the 6310i doesn't. The latter really bugs me.

Advertisement