Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky One/Sports One distorted picture problem!!

• 12-08-2003 11:58am

Both Sky One and Sky Sports One on my Chorus analogue connection have a distorted picture. It started about 2 weeks ago and sometimes rectifies itself but most of the time its like this.

The picture looks stretched with the little Sky One logo, which should be in the corner, about a quarter of the way across the screen.

I rang Chorus and was told they didn't know what was wrong....just wondering if anyone has this problem....i'm in Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Stretched, as in people are taller and thinner? If so, it could be that you are receiving an anamorphic widescreen picturs. Sky 1 recently started broadcasting some programming in widescreen.

.cg

Yup that sounds like it....if I use the letterbox function on my TV it fixes things a little.

Can I fix this or is it Chorus' fault? It certainly isn't easy on the eye....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Its Chours' fault, of course !! ;)

That's the way Sky broadcast it I guess, but its usually to a digibox where you can change the format of your telly, etc.

I would have thought Chorus would change to Pan & Scan output for analogue customers, as most still have regular TVs and not widescreen ones.

Maybe they don't even realise that Sky1 has started some anamorphic broadcasting.

Ring them again and explain that Sky 1 recently started broadcasting some programming in anamorphic widescreen, and that you think that this should be reformatted to fit regular 4:3 televisions (as it is, say, in ntl analogue in dublin anyway).

.cg

makes sense to me...thanks! Why do I get the feeling that when I mention anamorphic to them I'm going to get a very long pause?? :)

I'm still having this problem and its really really getting to me:mad:

I rang Chorus and they said its Sky's fault and beyond their control...something about how they couldn't affect how the satellite is beaming the pictures.

It's definitely due to widescreen broadcasting....Sky One is fine until certain "ALL NEW" programmes come on which then get stretched.

Premiership PPV is fine thankfully but every live match since the season began has been like this....and the footballs the only reason I have it!!

I don't have a widescreen TV nor do I want one. I doubt I'm in the minority amongst Chorus' other subscribers but no-one else seems to be complaining!!!:confused:

Am I the only one who prefers not to watch soccer as if its been seen through a goldfish bowl!!!???!!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

I had the same problem. I'm also in limerick.
    Sky one and the sky sports channels were set to widescreen format. Thats Crapus for you. It was like that for about a month. Luckily i have widescreen tv.
    all they had to do was turn off the widscreen format on the digibox that they are receivibg the channels from.
    Can someone please take them over. please...

After several unsuccesful phone calls to their support centre I set everything out in a lenghty email and surprisingly only two days later the picture righted itself.

I don't know if this was a coincidence or not. I don't know if they send out a different picture to each subscriber (but how could they have known who I was? I didnt give my account name) OR whether they send the same picture out to everybody (in which case why didnt anyone else complain?)

Advertisement