Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored To Death of Dm1-8

Options
  • 22-03-1999 6:29pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please, Please can we get some new maps for the Q2 servers. I'm sick to death of the above maps.I feel the urge to smash something everytime somebody votes for DM1.

The problem before was nobody had the maps but surely this won't be a problem if they're no more than 2 or three mouse clicks away.

Also , what is the story with the auto-download feature in Quake2. Would this be a simple way to distribute maps, or does this lag the server out.

I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way. Otherwise, **** you too wink.gif

A fairly rational post, that. For a change.
    Not as refreshing as I thought it might be.
    Perhaps I'll translate it into Latin or something later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

YES i'd love to see some new maps but is anyone going to bother finding ones as good as q2dm1-8 ???
    Anyway maps like q2dm3-4 and 8 are good its just no-one plays em enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have an excellent map for war or ffa. sploge map 2.
    or for one on ones ranger base 2 or grotesque
    junkie if you read this, put up the url you sent me before will ya? it has some crackin maps and if we play em ourselves and see what ones we like maybe we can get them onto the server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Good point, well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

I think this is a great idea. Along with putting up some maps from established mappers like headshot i think it would be also a good idea to have any irish mappers maps put up to get feedback and stuff. Just a idea (i good one i think smile.gif

[NiC]BudaKhan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I WILL PROVIDE THE MAPS. 1 AT A TIME LIKE. PUT THEM ON THE SERVER FOR A WEEK. THEN IF EVERYONE LIKES THEM, THEY STAY. 1 AT A TIME LIKE.

END OF STORY. NO SH!TE IKDM CRAP PLEASE.

• Advertisement

stop shouting nog!

and what do you mean no ikdm sh!ite?
    just coz i kicked you around!
    but seriously, what about ikdm 4? its a big level, good for wars or big ffa session. and it has few of the smaller corridors that the other levels have. good weapon location dispersion and other such wonderful things. and no im not tryin to get on yer goat, i just reckon its a cracking level.
    please noel, can we have ikdm 4?
    i'll mail you some of the levels i have anyway and you can seee what you think.
    oh, and what about this d/l able levels? will q2 d/l levels automaticly if you dont have them? i believe i read somewhere about an old bug that was fixed that stoped the d/l when the map changed. confirm/deni?
    whitewash

did i mention that ikdm4 is a good level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes we're all sick of looking at dm1-8..but somehow we always end up playing them...there are more maps on the server that nobody ever bothers playing on...the DM classics, match1(well lets drop that one), and the ikdm maps. I'm sure theres loads of untapped maps on there...but we have the die hard dm1'ers to bring us back to earth...i swear i heard someone on the other night moaning for ages because we wanted to change the map from dm1 to somthing else, after it had been played like twice in a row...then they just disconnected, go fookin figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

well i see yon post from Max about voting for dm1, what does he do a couple of nights ago? votes for dm1 natch, no moral fibre i tell ya smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Hehe. True Castor. But only because thats the goddamn map we have to play next Sunday.
    ...and what did I say after the game?
    "God I hate ****ing **** **** **** DM1" is what. And I do. Still.

I noticed nobody answered my auto-download question. How does it affect the server if someone is d/l-ing a map?

Max-IdespiseStickingCommentsInLikeThis-imilian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hmmm. If this is gonna be put in place it would probably be on War 2 or some such to test them out and see if people like them. Then the decent maps could be put in a .zip on an Irish Server so people can download them. Server downloading gets too messy in some circumstances as you can well imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

yeah ok I know we complain every now then about the dm maps but lets face it, will yis really play some other ****e maps instead of the ones we all know and luv?? I have never seen a good map that even comes close to the kinda gameplay you can get out of dm1,2,3,6,8 and 4 and 5 and MATCH1. Yis are wastin your time, you'll play emm once and then go back to the goodies, trust me =)

juNk laa

O yeah, don't even think about puttin them on War1.

juNk laa

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I was on the duel server last night with Nutter and we had some brilliant games on the q2oot maps, so don't tell me that new maps wouldn't be played. That was the most fun I've had playing Q2 in a long while. I agree with WWM, some of the IKDM maps were great fun, the problem was nobody had them.
    If you build it, they will come, as some ****ing idiot once said.

Yeah Max, thats all well an good but we're talkin WAR maps here not duel maps, cos thats what the q2oot maps are and as everyone knows War is totally different to duel so new maps on duel are fine cos duel is duel and its just like a normal game and eemmmm stuff. But for War u need a map that can hold big teams, has well placed weapons/armour etc etc etc. Finding a good map for War is a wee bit difficult.

juNk laa

Btw, pah! the duel I had last night wiv Vorosha was fookin unbelievable, best game I ever had, and no one was there to see it and we didn't take any demo's, bah!!!!!!!!

Obviously the Duel maps are unsuitable for War. My point was that it was a refrehing change to play something new.

If good maps could be found, I'm sure you and everyone else would be happy to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ah christ dave, dont tell me he's back playing again smile.gif...Radovar cant be far behind.

/me has a painful vision of "jold lids dayer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I would just like to say on behalf of myself, good one Hec.

LOL smile.gif

Advertisement