Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a P3 500Mhz

Options
  • 12-08-2003 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I think this is in the right forum but mods please feel free to move it. I'm thinking about upgrading my machine in about 2 months and want to spec out what'd be required in terms of cash etc. At the moment I have:
    • P3 500Mhz
    • 189 Mb of RAM (thereabouts, dunno what type, is 3 years old at this stage)
    • 28x CDRW Drive
    • 24x DVD drive
    • ****ty graphics card
    • 20 Gig portable USB drive
    • 10 Gig HD (Win XP)
    • 3 Gig HD slave (Win 98)
    • 100Mb ZIP Drive via Parallel Port

Basically, I'll be looking to salvage some of the kit I already have. My aim is to upgrade to a PC that'll run Half-Life 2 and provide facilities for broadband which I hope to get by the years end. I suppose that'll mean a bigger HD too.

I'd like to go Intel if it matters but am open to ideas if its AMD with a decent spec. Hopefully be around 3 gigahertz for the processor anyway. All suggestions and comments are most welcome. :) Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement