Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Masturbation

• 12-08-2003 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am obsessed with masturbation. I love to to it every night in bed. Its so relaxing and makes me feel real good. Is it a problem to do it every night?

I don't want to have medical problems as I get older. Im 18y/os. I thought I would grow out of it but I haven't. I am currently seeing a great girl to. But I do it every night.

Do I have a problem or is everyone doing it? Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

aragh you're grand, don't worry about it. Once a day isn't obsession, in the doctor's waiting-room would be obsession.
    Every guy does it, sometimes even when they're married!
    You might grow out of it when you're 85!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

ah you will be fine the worst thing that can ,happen is that you might get a banana shaped willy :D
    :):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

While there's power in your arm and blood in your willy...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

If you find you can't stop doing it once a day then maybe you need to look at why you're doing it..medically once a day will hardly do any harm, but then any medical damage is unlikely. Excessive (and I'm not necessarily saying once a day is excessive..) masturbation is more likely a symptom of something being emotionally wrong.

If you're seeing a nice girl then try getting her to do it every second day. Having been down a rather self-abusive road (at one stage I couldn't be left alone for longer than 20 minutes before I'd engage in the act of self-love!) I know that I just started doing it out of habit, and just for the sake of it. It becomes routine, and much like listening to your favourite album, it's a shame to over do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

You should be more worried about your soul, every time you masturbate God kills a kitten and it makes baby Jesus cry.

You’ll burn in hell!

Lets not forget hairy hands and blindness.

The fires of hell await you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 johnpl

As Woody Allen once said, "Don't knock masturbation. It's doing it with someone you love"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wor1ried

"masturbation is more likely a symptom of something being emotionally wrong"

Bugler, this is an interesting thought. What do you mean by it?

Is it perhaps a compulsive thing? I mean emotionally, I am happy, am in a safe environment, good job, great friends, have no problems with anyone. General bloke.

My girlfriend does assist.......ahem......I think it is just addictive..like smoking or something.Its a cumpulsive thing..

Thanks for the advice people. Its really encouraging and reassuring.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I wouldn't put it down to anything emotional!

You're a bloke & I'm sure like most of us, you think about it almost all the time :D:D

Doing it often, just means you're a greedy bugger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i have a bit of the plam love about 4 times a day. Its actually been proven to be good for your heath not only does it improve blood flow but keeps the heart heathy so i ve been told and sure imagine if u didn't how long would u last in the sack ffs!!;)

I mean that masturbation is tied into all kinds of psychological babble. It's not quite the same as scratching your arm, in the sense that what you are doing is something of a replacement for the release gained by having sexual contact with another person.

Having a **** is great, I do it regularly. But like all things that can be good, for example drinking 15 pints or taking drugs, control of some degree should be exercised. I recall reading in FHM years ago a letter from a guy who's mate couldn't stop ****, he did it several times a day, including in the toilets at work and so on. Gradually he just started losing control, and losing sight of what was acceptable (he wanked on trains and so on..) and even eventually saying that he'd rather have a **** than screw his girlfriend. Naturally the advice was for him to seek some kind of help/counselling. At best he had an over-active sex drive and at worst some kind of sexual obsession. Like almost all sexual activity it can mean a field day for psychologists.

I'd consider myself to have a fairly high sex drive, but don't masturbate daily. Like I say I'd be reluctant to put a figure on how often someone does it before they should be concerned, depends on numerous factors really. I don't think you should be worried either, though I have seen doctors recommend that ejaculation should ideally not occur more than 2/3 times a week, not unless A) You find you really can't stop even if you decide to try...or B) You find yourself increasing the frequency of your fiddling :)

All of this isn't even to mention the alleged physiological imbalances that can arise out of excessive masturbation, including loss of concentration and memory power, and general tiredness. Should have used that excuse for any bad exam results...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    i have a bit of the plam love about 4 times a day. Its actually been proven to be good for your heath not only does it improve blood flow but keeps the heart heathy so i ve been told and sure imagine if u didn't how long would u last in the sack ffs!!;)

This is not good, young man. Without being smart, I'd recommend you look into reducing this, sharpish. It can actually lead to decresed performance in the sack, and problems gaining an erection etc. I'm not a doctor, but personally I'd be worried about anyone who masturbates with such high frequency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's good for you. It's good for your circulation, muscle tone, immune system and a whole host of other things.

It's kind of like a stripped-down version of sex. And sex is good for you. Your body's primary goal in life is to procreate, and so has done everything it can to make sure you do this as often as possible. Doctors recommend sex for a healthy life/body. Masturbation isn't quite as effective as sex, but it helps.

It also aids in sex, ie helps you keep control, gives you a better feel for...ahem.... how and when you 'feel', and aids in stamina.

There is no reason not to masturbate. Except for friction burns and possible psychological problems from obsessive masturbating.

Obsessive masturbating == masturbating where and when you can. Making a habit out of masturbating in strange places, etc. Once a day, in the comfort of your bed, is a long long way from obsessive.

I wholeheartedly recommend masturbating for everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by bugler
    but personally I'd be worried about anyone who masturbates with such high frequency.
    Especially if the frequency was audible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dont worry about it, very "normal" fella likes to have good stroke at least once a day, its bloody normal. Dont worry about it for gods sake!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

whack away my friend..... whack away!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Be careful tho, the next time youre having sex with your missus, you might end up calling out you OWN name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

once a day???

you lucky fook!!

i'm lucky if i can get the wee fella going once a fortnight and even then i have to get out the scented candles, lotion and barry white's greatest hits in a nice warm bath not to mention the foot pump.

I wish you'd stop seizing every opportunity that arises for talking about your inability to raise the mast. It's unsettling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by ferdi
    once a day???

you lucky fook!!

i'm lucky if i can get the wee fella going once a fortnight and even then i have to get out the scented candles, lotion and barry white's greatest hits in a nice warm bath not to mention the foot pump.

Hahahahhahaahahhahaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Palm and her five sisters, is there anything they can't do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Turn back time! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I hear if you masturbate at the speed of light while curcumnavigating the world in 80 days you can in fact turn back time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

go for it m8 - its a great way to relieve stress & tension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by Sangre
    I hear if you masturbate at the speed of light while curcumnavigating the world in 80 days you can in fact turn back time.

Interesting theory Sangre, but it begs a question. If you blew yer load when time was going backwards, would that mean you have an inverse orgasm, and if so, where would the monkey-custard go??? Back up your japs eye???
    I shudder at the thought!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by xx
    Interesting theory Sangre, but it begs a question. If you blew yer load when time was going backwards, would that mean you have an inverse orgasm, and if so, where would the monkey-custard go??? Back up your japs eye???
    I shudder at the thought!!!!

Too mcuh thinking.

More wankage.

I'm almost there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

I believe studies have shown that frequent and early,as in in your youth,not premature,ejaculation have a shielding effect against cancer of the prostate gland.Anything that will keep me healthy in old age I will embrace whole heartedly,even if I **** to death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wor1ried

Thanks for all your help guys (not sure if there are any ladys in the thread).

Very funny pieces and some excellent links to websites.

I feel so much better now. Thank you very much all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I personally enjoyed reading this thread. Very funny. I would offer my advice about the five knuckle shuffel but the lads have have said it all.

**** on....

oh. But be sure that you see to the woman first, if you start **** instead of shagging her you may find a requirement to take matters into your own hand more often...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

oooohhh just came !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Plenty of girls here!, :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Gordon

LMFAO

(soz had to laugh at that)

Try not doing it for a week. And THEN do it... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by STaN
    LMFAO

(soz had to laugh at that)

Try not doing it for a week. And THEN do it... ;)

And paint your room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

surely cracking one off is only unhealthy if you lie on ur arm sailor style beforehand and draw lipstick around the edge of your thumb and first finger???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Generally, it produces frequencies in the 15 - 20KHz range. One's ability to hear frequencies in this range deteriorates with age, so it would probably only be audible to animals and children.

Now that you've gotten all the advice you will need on this, can I make an attempt to hijack this thread by asking this question - does anyone know of anyone who claims to have never masturbated? Two girls I know would have me believe that they have never touched themselves (One of them has had a baby if that makes any difference). They each use the old chestnut that girls simply don't need it like guys. Of course, I've laughed and called them lying harlots, but nevertheless, they persist in their denials.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I know of girl's who say they haven't, and apparently it's true. They sure don't have the same attitude to it in general as guys do. In summary, I think that any girl who says she hasn't may well be telling the truth, but why wouldn't you? Not my kind of girls to be honest.

Any guy who says he hasn't is either A) A liar, or B) Very strange indeed, and not to be trusted! I wouldn't shake the hand of a man who hadn't ever whacked it off....how ironic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All I can imagine is God gave men penises because they would never have sexual satisfaction if they had to go looking for their clitorises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

yeah, i've known girls who say they don't and vaguely recall a guy saying it too...i'm sure they have since come to their senses (14 or 15 or around that at the time)
    Deadwing: Be careful tho, the next time youre having sex with your missus, you might end up calling out you OWN name.

speaking from personal experience, i presume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

but personally I'd be worried about anyone who masturbates with such high frequency.

What... was that a joke?

hello?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by Typedef
    What... was that a joke?
    At first I couldn't decide whether you didn't know if he was joking or if you just didn't like the joke, Typedef.
    Originally posted by Typedef
    hello?
    Now I think you just couldn't hear it.

With regard to the alleged "non-onanists" that I know, it's been a long time since they had their 15th birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, Typedef you mong!

*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

:)

*fap* *fap* *fap*

spooge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 missionary

Once a day,,, good luck fellor!

Try it under a hot shower!! it's great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not too hot, mind.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Disgusting Thread!, absolutely. Now must rush, no more time for waffle. Must empty my tank, with a quick "Five finger shuffle" !needs must and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

To be honest i have no words of wisdom to offer on this thread, but....
    A mate of mine used to call it "Shaking hands with the un-employed" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Have fun, grab some lube (don't care what anyone else says it's not the same without it!!!), & whack away like ur life depends on it.....

Curious - anyone have any techniques...... a few spring to mind:

(1) use your "weak hand"
    (2) sit on your hand till it goes numb & rub one out
    (3) involve a "soft foreign object"

oh the sheer joys of cranking your chain......brb, need to have a wee hand crank meself just thinking about it........mmmmmmmmmm Rosalyn Sanchez...........mmmmmmmmmm Jordan..........****SPLAT!!!!****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

TheSilverSurfer you are sick pig. Fair enough you might like to masturbate but we don't need to here the details. Ever tried getting with a girl before??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

no1lfcfan - actually I do have one, & sometimes it's a team sport - lol - a mixed doubles affair if you will - lmao

lighten up - it's only **** man...... not like you've never done it - jeez, SENSE OF HUMOUR PEOPLE.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement