Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap NTL Broadband?

• 12-08-2003 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I've a quick question regarding NTL Broadband. One of their reps was on the blower to me last night. They offered to me at €20 which I knew about already. They then proceeded to tell me that because I have their 2way phone service it will only cost me an extra €7.50 per month. I did ask her to double check and she did.

I didn't sign up to it as I know NTL were prolly telling me porkies and plus she would not send anything to me in writing.

Just wondering does anyone else know about this? or was yer woman havin a laugh and lying to me!

Thanks,
    spanner_head

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by spanner_head
    Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I've a quick question regarding NTL Broadband. One of their reps was on the blower to me last night. They offered to me at €20 which I knew about already. They then proceeded to tell me that because I have their 2way phone service it will only cost me an extra €7.50 per month. I did ask her to double check and she did.

I didn't sign up to it as I know NTL were prolly telling me porkies and plus she would not send anything to me in writing.

Just wondering does anyone else know about this? or was yer woman havin a laugh and lying to me!

If she's not lying to you, then you can be sure that I will hate you despite not knowing you at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

well if they let you sign up for it then theres a fairly good chance you can get it.
    No idea if its true or not but your not gonna get better broadband anywhere in ireland. I dont see how you could loose tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

In certain areas ntl are doing 600 speed broadband for Euro 20 per month guaranteed price for 1 year. If you have two ntl telephone lines one for Internet you are paying Euro 12.50 for your Internet line (Dial-up ISP) 12.50 – 20 = 7.50 is how they get the figure.

Blue Ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by Blue Ice
    In certain areas ntl are doing 600 speed broadband for Euro 20 per month guaranteed price for 1 year. If you have two ntl telephone lines one for Internet you are paying Euro 12.50 for your Internet line (Dial-up ISP) 12.50 – 20 = 7.50 is how they get the figure.

Blue Ice

When I phoned NTL customer scare ;-) last night to double check they said that I would have to pay €20 per month and I explained to them what happened the night before and they knew nothing about me paying an extra 7.50 per month......

I just want to confirm for defo with them about this as on previous occasions they have promised a lot of things to me and I get squat diddly!!

thanks,
    spanner_head

Advertisement