Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI 9800 pro tv out

• 12-08-2003 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

i just got a ATI 9800 pro and i cant get the tv out working corectly.
    The pic on the tv is balck n white and i cant play any movies. has this happened to any one else? how do i fix it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This mightn't be the same on the radeon but on my GeForce fx and Geforce 4 ti you have to set the tv output to pal. It defaults to NTSC afaik. Check out the display options for the displays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Could be you still have it set to NTSC. If it isn't though....

Try a different type of cable. If you're plugging into a SCART connection on the TV, use a composite cable and plug that into the SCART cable/adapter. If you're plugging S-Video into the SCART adapter your telly might be too old to accept the signal, and it'll show up in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

its on pal and the connection lead is SCART, but the tv is only a few months old. I had a geforce 3ti 500 and the tv out worked grand for that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Try different cables/leads. If you have a composite one try that.

just looked at the connections again and forgot that iam using the geforce 3 ti500 tv-out connectior. I quessing thats the problem or are all tv-outs connectors the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Does your Geforce3 have a special connector? A standard S-video cable should work. Are you using this card with the same tv that you had in carlow?

yeap same tv as in carlow. the connector iam using at the mo came with the geforce 3. it could be a special connector for the geforce 3, but i dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Friend of mine has same problem wth 9700pro, he upgraded froma ti4200 which worked fine.

had another look at the back of the card and so that the tv-out
    stocked needs 7 pins and the connectoer i have at the mo has
    only 4, so thats my prob i reckon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Still have the same prob meself on me raedon 9700 pro :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

have you checked that the SCART on the TV is enabled to accept S-Video Signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I believe this is what you want but komplett dont have a picture of the device:( 7pin S-Video cable
    Maybe i can get a discount on that stuff your selling:D :D:D:p

Advertisement