Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5Ghz auction is go!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

When will the winners be announced?

It could be the end of this week, I have been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by BigEejit
    And perhaps more importantly: How long after that will they have to wait before they can "switch on"?

Christmas pressies could be possible.

The rumour I heard was that approx 35 Licence areas will be confirmed which corresponds to about 35% Geographic coverage and 65% population coverage ........ a rumour mind!

Once the licences are awarded anybody can apply for the other 65% of the state, in chunks of about 1% Geographic coverage at a time. Comreg awards the licence for a super cell they call an area, 700Km2 in an area 70,000 Km2 in the state.

MSE decision due about the end of the week as well, interesting times.

Applications for 3.5Ghz spectrum will be processed as they arrive.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Muck
    Christmas pressies could be possible.

w00t .... finally the possibility of some half decent competition ... hope they keep the cost of customer premises equipment down and the bandwidth caps up!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

can i add a big Q,

is their a catch? Is it good for games? is it better then the landline or does it matter?

thanks

ps anyone know if Wicklow is in the pipe since i will puke blood if i check the eircom website and still see the same 3 exchanges converted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
    can i add a big Q,
    is their a catch? Is it good for games? is it better then the landline or does it matter?

Properly configured wireless is as good as DSL any day (by Irish standards where we get 512k or 1024k DSL )

M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

any word?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

excellent Muck, thanks for the help. good news for me as blessington wont get wired dsl for about 2 yrs apparently....

Advertisement