Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some XBoxy Type Questions.

Options
  • 12-08-2003 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

got an xbox last week and have heard some rumours as to its modding capabilities.

these included that it is possible to copy movies, and even games to its hd, and you can use it as a pc with limited capabilities as winxp is available as an os.

any thoughts/truths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

you can use linux on it - not too sure about xp i know 2000 will run in some form - max res is 640x480 afaik - you'd need a usb keyboard and mouse plus either a doctored extension cable to usb or you can buy them premade online.

it'll play divxs off the hard disk if the media player or linux is installed

you can also copy games to the hd but may be limited due to the partition layout on the standard hd(biggest partition is about 5gb).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Originally posted by elmer

you can also copy games to the hd but may be limited due to the partition layout on the standard hd(biggest partition is about 5gb).

You can upgrade the hdd up to 120 gbs though. For me the biggest draw to modding was the fact that a lot of older systems have been emulated almost perfectly on the xbox (plus the fact that I wanted a multi-region dvd player)

Never heard of anyone running Windows on one though.......

It plays divx files pretty well, sometimes the image looks a bit squashed though (theres probably an easy way to fix this, but i didnt bother trying)

Advertisement