Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2...

Options
  • 12-08-2003 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

those of you who do not have ps2 online yet, do it! :) its sweet as sweet can be! Socom online is brilliant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Einstürzende,

Good to hear you got it going!!

I was going to hook up my ps2 but then sold it after getting Xbox LIVE. I kinda regret not getting to play Socom first but hey, I'm happy with XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

U can also get linux for PS2 now, some type of Beta Test distro, sounds sw33t.

I'm regretting selling my ps2 now because i want to play SOCOM. But the girlfriend will kill me if i buy a new one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

DUMP HER ASS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't let her change you. Tell her she either sits down and plays the games with you or you kick her ass out the door.

Maybe thats what my problem is :confused:

• Advertisement

She could care about playing games. She cares about me selling my ps2 then buying a new a month later. "****ing wasting your money. Why did you sell it in the first place??"

I'm tempted to get a new one but i don't think SOCOM and a few Sony online games justify the few hundred euro i'd have to spend.

sure the PS2 won't be able to handle the big games that are coming out soon like Doom3, Half-life 2..... etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

so get a new pc and broadband! :) then watch her cringe! and enjoy HL2, and the thoughts of CS2 *drools*

I'll be getting those games for the xbox. I love LIVE. best online experience i've every had. Better then PC online gaming by far.

Hows PS2 online, Einstürzende??

ps2 online is pretty sweet, socom's mega!

do you have broadband for it? its handy here, i can play counter-strike while my bro hosts a socom game at the same time, all on esats 512 residenetial one, while i still get pings of less than 100, and his game runs smoothly. no complaints here! :)

when x-box came out i really wanted one, but just the lack of quality titles coming out scared me slightly - Plus i'm a final fantasy addict (*cough* sad bastard!)

Einstürzende,

I'm on IOL's package, same as you i believe. you should really look into getting an Xbox. Its brilliant playing Xbox LIVE. I really want to play SOCOM online but i think its a waste of money paying for a PS2, network adapter and memory card just to play one game.

I loved final Fantasy too until FFX which total destroyed them for me. I love playing Phantasy star Online on Xbox. Thats a good online RPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

somehow i dont think doom3 will be so hot on the xbox either

I'm tempted to take money outta the bank next week. Buy a PS2, network adapter, memory card and SOCOM outta Smyths. But i fear, i'd regret it.

God its tempting but it would be a waste of money. And people would laugh at me for selling one and buying another a few weeks later.

Einstürzende,

how much does PS2 online take outta cap?? Xbox Live uses **** all. Most likely 10-15 megs an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What basis have you to assume that Doom 3 on the Xbox will not be that hot?

clownboy:

ps2 online is simailar, about 12megs an hour for full on fighting, not bad i dont thinks! :) and its only about 20megs an hour for CS and socom at same time!

wait till socom two comes out, ps2's will be cheaper then and you'll have made money! hehe

and i think FFXI and the add on (vision of zirat) should help restore the final fantasy quality, but the idea of paying square 20 or 30 euro a month in addition to regular broadband fees, and, no doubt, about 60 euro for the game itself, is slightly worrying, and taking us all for fools me thinks!

i dont think xbox has the popularity, the controller, or the hardware to suport doom 3, its only got a 700mhz processor and a gf3??? rite

Yeah its a lower spec on paper, but the architecture of the Xbox has been developed in such a way to remove the majority of bottlenecks that effect the performance of a normal PC. This has a dramtic effect on the Xbox's abilities.

Obviously the Xbox version wont be able to match the PC on maximum settings, but you would probably very surprised how much the Xbox would be capable off, especially at the lower resolutions that console titles run at.

As for the controller, nothing matches a mouse when it comes to most FPS, but for games like Doom where accuracy and reflexes are not essential (ala counter strike), the joypad will be more than sufficient. I think this has been more than proved with Halo already.

Plus all code has been optimised to run at maximum speed. Developers can do this because they don't have to worry about hardware issues because all xboxs are the same.

Consider a Xbox the same as an Apple Mac. Just because the spec loks lower on paper doesn't mean that the performance is.

Einstürzende,

Good idea!! I'll wait to Christmas for SOCOM 2 which should not have the bugs of the first one and i heard that the PS2 is to drop price again near Christmas to boast sales. Console is at near saturation at this point.

Might be able to get a better deal then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DK

Good idea!! I'll wait to Christmas for SOCOM 2 which should not have the bugs of the first one and i heard that the PS2 is to drop price again near Christmas to boast sales. Console is at near saturation at this point.

Might be able to get a better deal then.

i say:

YOU SMELL!!!!!
    Joking.......

Originally posted by DK
    YOU SMELL!!!!!
    Joking.......

How old are you?? Are you on drugs??

And how did you find out i smell??

• Advertisement

^ he he he DK has been banned already!!!!

Ah jaysus, dont ban the poor fella.

Advertisement