Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB Games and Xtravision

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

Thx to Clownboy for the link. :)
    (sadly the Nazis at work has all links blocked. As soon as it goes to game*****.com/*** it is blocked) :mad:

Gonna try nearest X-travision soon. Btw, any1 living in the Enfield-Maynooth area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by Hickz
    i was told i couldnt until i rented out 10 films :(
    man that sucks

Well, thats what happens when people use fake ids to rob games. You know Xtra-vision is a company try to make a profit. And it not a stupid idea because when i started i rented out 2 games to a person who only joined. Those games never came back.

Xtra-vision has a terrible time with thief of rental games so we have to be careful. Kids are now robbing the empty game cases out of my store and trying to sell them. A few people came back saying "a kid was selling this at the door for tenner. When i opened later there was no disc".

And its not ten (but some stores do enforce ten). Just rent out up to 3 films. Return with the last rental, and say "I'm returning this and getting this game". They won't check how many rentals you have made. Plus they hold onto your rental card when you rent a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hickz

dont get me wrong i understand why they have to do it, a friend of mine owns a video shop he only rents PS2 games and is about to stop because all the disks are coming back broken dirty or dont come back at all, and apart from that he doesnt really make any money on the games, its a pity a few bad apples have to spoil it for people who want to rent games to have a play before they buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah imagine those games are insured so no loss to xtravision plus with the rental price they would profit if a game is stolen.

Tho i rarely buy bad games (thk you Eurogamer/Edge ) and only exchange when others buy them for me but if you do abuse it you cant really complain about game just yourself for being an idiot and buying a lot of crap games.
    Tho you could get your pretty sister to return them.

this thread does not endorse stealing games or using pretty sister to change games and abuse 10 return policy.

kdjac

They're not insured. imagine how much the premuim would be. Sales games are. Rentals are not. Xtra-vision had to spend thousands to buy a machine in HQ to repair DVDs and games. If you read any industry mag like HE. Business are going under because of thief and people scratching DVDs and ps2 games.

Plus they would lose money if the game is robbed. That game could've rented while it was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

just rented my first game from xtravision " project zero " and joined the hb gamezone and got 10 x 2 euro off new game rental
    vouchers. they have a good selection of games.

Matt,

I bought that game yesterday with GAME vouchers i was talking about on the AX forums. It is a scary game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Anyone sending pretty sisters in to abuse 10 day returns should send them to Game Henry St. We'll totally take care of them :D

Advertisement