Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Science Category

Options
  • 12-08-2003 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

I know there is a thread about reshuffling the science forum at the moment but if that is not going to happen would it be at least possible to make it a category as opposed to a sub category becuase it's just lost where it is now I pass it by when i'm scrolling down the forum actually looking for it:p so I expect alot of people don't even notice it exists let alone what's in it. It contains just two forums so it won't take up that much space on the main index.

Thanks a bunch

Ryan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I mentioned this in the science forum thread

*grrrrr* stealing my idea!!!

Still, I wholly endorse etc etc etc....

I do think a catagory is probably too much to ask, but to get it away from the horrible clutter of home entertainment and mobile phones

How about a subcatagory in society or education (ala scifi/fantasy in Arts)

Eg
    >Society
    >> Science
    >>>Astronomy/Space
    >>>Biology/Physiology
    >>>Maths/Statistics
    >>>Physics/Chemistry
    >>>Weather/Geology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by sykeirl
    I mentioned this in the science forum thread

*grrrrr* stealing my idea!!!

Still, I wholly endorse etc etc etc....
    I do think a catagory is probably too much to ask, but to get it away from the horrible clutter of home entertainment and mobile phones
    how about a subcatagory in society or education (ala scifi/fantasy in Arts)

It wasn't my intention to steal your idea I didn't see your post, Sorry. I was aware that numerous suggestions for the category had been put forward and I just wanted to see if this was a possibility. Your probably right about it not being deserving of a category but it never hurts to ask :) I'm sure something can be done to make it more visible on the forum and therefore build it up as a larger part of boards, in time.

Cheers

Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Redshift
    It wasn't my intention to steal your idea I didn't see your post, Sorry. I was aware that numerous suggestions for the category had been put forward and I just wanted to see if this was a possibility.

Heh..I wasn't seriously giving out you know!!

:)

I'll just be happy if they move it to make it more visible and it gets more traffic!

Advertisement