Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames -> Setlist

Options
  • 12-08-2003 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Lo,

Without actually purchasing this fine album (well not at the moment anyway), is there any way I can hear that "Pure Imagination" rip from Willy Wonka on "Star Star". I'm not asking for someone to send me the mp3 or anything, but rather do you know of anywhere online I could perhaps stream a sample from.

I do intend on purchasing this album, but I just want to hear this first.

Please :)

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

you shouldnt have to hear it..
    Believe me they rock , they always have...

so buy the album and listen to it till your heart is content:)

****in best album iv heard in a long long time...

[damien rice - O]

cartman

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sry this is a bit off topic but i saw the songlist so so much for the city and there is a song called say it ain't so that doesn't happen to be a cover of weezer's say it ain't so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by cartman
    Believe me they rock , they always have...
    Agreed...I'm just a little late realising this ;)

Any way of finding out where they're doing live gigs in the future?
    and of course if anyone knows where I can get that sample, twould be greately appreciated.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

They're playing the [I can't believe it's not] Lisdoonvarna festival on the 30th. You might want to try their website, www.theframes.ie for that sample. I don't know if it's there but sher if it's not you can always download the entire first album.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    sry this is a bit off topic but i saw the songlist so so much for the city and there is a song called say it ain't so that doesn't happen to be a cover of weezer's say it ain't so?
    Considering this thread is about the Frames, and you suddenly ask a Thrills question, its definitely off topic :)

To answer your question, I don't think its a cover version...

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Go, go buy it now.... excellent album....

If you went to any of the Vicar St. gigs you'll agree that it captures the atmosphere perfectly..

The strengths of the band can be seen in their live performances... Some of the great songs on this album sound average on the studio recordings but are simply amazing when performed live....

My €0.02...

Saturday being the lazy day, I said I head in to town and buy it at last (ie. do something productive)

OMFG :eek: - It is without a doubt the best album I've heard in a long time, if not ever.

To think it only cost me €17

I would have loved to have gone to those Vicar St. gigs. Having never seen them play live, are they that good everytime?

;-phobos-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

BTW...

Their new release (Roads Outgrown which includes Lay Me Down, Headlong, Rise, God Bless Mom, New Partner, Tomorrow's Too Long, Listen Girl, Sickbeds and a live version of Fitzcarraldo) can be found at Play.com

And their new studio album called Fake will be released on 12th of September.

Cheers - that's good to know ;)

I have to admit, I think Setlist is better than any Frames stuff I'd heard prior to it. I mean the version of "Star Star" & "What Happens When The Heart Just Stops" (+ story about the dog on the corner :D) is wicked.

When I bought the album, I came home and just listened to the thing from start to finish. When I buy albums I usually do that, and while listening take note of particular tracks that I like. With setlist, I can just leave it from start to finish coz the whole thing is excellent.

I absolutely love the guitar rif in "God Bless Mom" around the 3:36 mark :cool:

;-phobos-)

Originally posted by monument
    And their new studio album called Fake will be released on 12th of September.
    Hi Monument,

Fake is the single. The album is due in January, I think....

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by phobos
    When I bought the album, I came home and just listened to the thing from start to finish. When I buy albums I usually do that, and while listening take note of particular tracks that I like. With setlist, I can just leave it from start to finish coz the whole thing is excellent.
    Look up Breadcrumb Trail, phobos. Its a live Frames CD recorded in the czech republic last year. You'll hear more insane stories from Glen Hansard, and some absolutely goosebumpy versions of their songs. :)

- Dave.

See them live at all costs man... Vicar St. was, without a doubt, one of the best gigs I've ever seen.... better than U2 Slane.. :)
    They're playing Lisdoonvarna in the RDS... free tickets for me... yay!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by TmB
    Hi Monument,

Fake is the single. The album is due in January, I think....

- Dave.

Sorry about that, it is a single. I must have misread the text about it.

Originally posted by TmB
    Look up Breadcrumb Trail, phobos.
    Will do...cheers :)

As for the gig in the RDS, I doubt I'll be going considering I'm not a mad fan of any of the other performers. They (the frames) played a few gigs here in Galway City last December, that were apparently amasing. A few people I know were there, and still talk. Right now I'm kicking myself that I didn't go.

This is feckin class, coz I really feel like I've just opened a door to some amasing music. Cheers for the pointers people, it's much appreciated ;)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by TmB

Fake is the single.
    They played Fake at the launch for Other Voices, it's a great song.

Recording of Fake, performed live on FM104 is on the net somewhere... I'll post link when I find it... Try Kazzaa perhaps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Afaik the new album will be called The blood dunno when its out.I heard fake on today fm at around 4 today and the guy who presents that is a wanker-so maybe it'l go far in the charts?

Advertisement