Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Read messages showing up as unread

• 12-08-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭

I only noticed this today, that all the forum messages, I have read are showing up as unread. I tried with Mozilla / Netscaoe and IE and get the same result. I can mark a forum as read, restart the browser and the same articles are showing as unread

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That looks like the same issue that Hobart reported on a thread earlier today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Could be but why would the messages show as unread in 2 different browsers

If you use cookies to log in and browse and your login cookie is set on both browsers then it should be seamless to move from one to the other. If you use the url based sessionid, then it would stay the same if you happened to copy the url from one browser to another.

I doubt that Mozilla and IE use the same cookies :)

Yes, but that doesn't matter in the case of the persistent cookies that get set when you set yourself to log in with cookies.

• Advertisement

I will take your word for it :)

Sean

Advertisement