Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box noobstain in tha house

Options
  • 13-08-2003 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Just got an X-box for free there the other day and i don't know jack about it. Any one wanna recommend any games for it- and don't say Halo because we all know first person shooters belong on the PC ;) Is Capcom vs SNK 2 any good for it? How do u watch dvds on it? some kind of cable required? Is the S- controller any good? Are there any decent games in the pipeline? does this suit make me look fat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

and don't say Halo because we all know first person shooters belong on the PC

who wrong are you......... there is no point in owning an xbox if you dont get HALO.... without a doubt its the best title on the xbox so far and saying that FPS games belong on PC is a bit silly.... HALO is a fantastic game and when you are finished the 1 player game there is endless hours of fun with multiplayer.....

you need to buy the remote for it... it costs about €30.... well worth it.. its a pretty decent dvd player.... a lot better than the PS2 dvd player by a long shot..

controller S is good if you have small hands and find the original controller too big... personally id always use the big one, but the small one is good as well...

as for games..... Project Gotham Racing, Splinter Cell, Serious Sam, FIFA if you like footy games, brute force, 007 nightfire, tiger woods 2003, midtown madness 3, Ghost Recon, return to castle wolfenstein....

coming soon games.... Halo 2 next year, star wars knights of the old republic, Doom 3, Ghost Recon Island Thunder.. loads more.. Half-Life 2 is being banded about at the moment for xbox release

as for the suit making you look fat.... i'd say yeah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Third_Echelon
    as for games..... Project Gotham Racing, Splinter Cell,
    Coincidently I have these two games for it:) The guy who gave me it hadn't even opened Splinter Cell!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

more the fool him....

Splinter Cell is a great game..... lots of thinking involved and it looks great...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer dragoon orta is great. If you want a fighting game then don't bother with capcom vs. SNK. Wait until Soul Caliber 2 is out. You would be a fool not to get Halo. S controller is a crap controller but unfortunately it is the only decent alternative to the diabolical fat controller.
    does this suit make me look fat

Anyone would look skinny beside the xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If your getting a fighter you'll need an arcade stick.

Halo is out on PC in a few months. I'd be waiting for that purely because the multiplay is going to be fantastic. The keyboard and mouse is a bonus.

There are a handful of nice games like Shiginami no shiro, PD Orta and Burnout 2 but to get the most out of your xbox you need to mod it. Arcade, N64 and Platstation emulation all in your living room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If you have broadband, hook it up to Xbox LIVE. Xbox gets way better online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Capcom VS SNK > Soul Calibar 2

Originally posted by Giblet
    Capcom VS SNK > Soul Calibar 2

I have to agree. Capcom is really cool online aswell. I wish they made MK: Deadly Alliance XBL-enabled aswell. They would be nothing better then pulling of a death move and hearing the person scream on the voice communicator.

I can't wait for DOA: online!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have Soul Calibur 2 myself and I must say that it is the best fighting game I've played in ages. Also Star Wars: KOTOR is a brilliant game. More of an RPG but it's a type of RPG that'd appeal to all Star Wars fans. Good storyline and good graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Is Marvel vs Capcom 2 any good? I heard there some game coming out for it thats meant to be like GTA but with better graphics, any1 know anything about that ? Ya need broadband for X-box live yeah?

• Advertisement

Haven't heard great things about marvel vrs capcom. The game you're on about is True Crimes: Streets of LA. You definitly need broadband. You need broadband for PS2 online aswell.

Advertisement