Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop Selling Retro Consoles?

Options
  • 13-08-2003 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I overheard a conversation about a shop, I think in town, that sells retro consoles. Naturally, I was terribly excited but stupidly didn't enquire about it. Anyone have information???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Other than www.ebay.co.uk and www.zophar.net for the emulators there are two shops on talbot street that sell second hand retro games and consoles. One is called Gamezone. I don't know the name of the other one but it's only a bit further up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah those shops on talbot strrees i was in them the other day.
    They have nega drives and SNES for about 25 yoyos and i was thinking of getting a DreamCast they have them for about 55 yoyos. They have a good selection of games for all these games consoles as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Thanks a million guys, especially retr0gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah gamezone is the place to go they have a site too but it's not updated much http://www.gamezone.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Yeah, Gamezone would be a good shop if their game prices weren't so rediculous.
    i was thinking of getting a DreamCast they have them for about 55 yoyos.

I was in the Game shop near Trinity College(not the one on Grafton street) a couple of weeks ago and they had a brand new Dreamcast on the shelf for 60 euros if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if they still have it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by scoey

I was in the Game shop near Trinity College(not the one on Grafton street) a couple of weeks ago and they had a brand new Dreamcast on the shelf for 60 euros if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if they still have it though.

Yeah, Game on Dawson street are good. Better then henry street and grafton.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Just noticed something, and i have to right this wrong.

I work in GAME on grafton st, and we do not and have not for some time sold Dreamcasts, especially not new.

It may have been Dawson st, but to the best of my knowledge they dont sell them anymore, i think they just sell accessories.

The oldest machine we will take in on a trade in is a psone, which is a shame because theres deffinitly a big market for retro stuff, and I spoke to some "higher beings" in the company who said there is no plans at all to start a retro section, while, on the other hand, GAME in the North of Ireland, is selling retro games and machines and making a mint off it. I was told that you could pick up a NES, light gun and duck hunt for £20 sterling.... id consider that a bargin.

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Originally posted by flogen
    Just noticed something, and i have to right this wrong.

I work in GAME on grafton st, and we do not and have not for some time sold Dreamcasts, especially not new.

It may have been Dawson st, but to the best of my knowledge they dont sell them anymore, i think they just sell accessories.

Well I was in there (Dawson street) yesterday and they still have it for 65 euros. I said it wasn't the one on Grafton Street in my post.... . I assume it's just one they have left over and once its gone there'll be no more.

Advertisement