Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Issue

• 13-08-2003 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Just about a week ago now, I noticed that the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor had a barely-noticable flickering. Thinking it might just be the refresh rate, I changed it from 85Hz to 75Hz to 60Hz, with no luck. Thinking it was something monor, I ignored it and carried on as usual.
    However, just 3 days ago, the monitor refused to turn on upon examining it, it appeared that no power whatsoever was getting to the monitor. So I borrowed a monitor in the mean time, and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I've again noticed this odd flickerng in the same area. Now I'm worried that this monitor will die too. Can anyone suggest anything I could be doing wrong for this to happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

possibly 2 things id say, Have you got high powered speakers near the monitor, if so this may be inferferance from them, Also try changing your video card to see will this fix the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I do have 2 Cambridge Soundworks speakers beside the monitor, hooked up to a subwoofer. What could I do about that though - I only have so much space on either side of the monitor. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

it's your speakers causing the problem, i have a packard bell monitor on the family computer, came with two unremovable speakers moulded into the sides :P, when the sound is turned up the edges of the screen go wonky, as you've noticed. Keep the speakers away from the monitor, there's no real solution to this. the magnets in the speakers are fecking up your screen, so move the speakers away from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Try your graphics card. Get new drivers, mess with settings then try a different graphics card.

Download drivers for your monitor.

Get a different monitor cable.

Advertisement