Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Et tu Micko......

• 13-08-2003 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Well, well, well.

It seems the trusty lieutentant has some ambition and sense after all...

Kilbane has turned down a contract offer from Sunderland and looks set to leave on a Bosman at the end of the season.

Now there is loyalty!

Looks like its all gonna fall asunder (pun intended) for Mick.

I wonder who will be next?

News Snippet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

He's a complete plonker is Mick!
    His reaction to Sean Thornton missing his alarm call was just pathetic. Did anyone see the interview Thornton gave this morning? It was painfully obvious that Mick McCarthy told him to go out there and say that he was wrong and he let down everyone etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

If somebody like Duff were to ever miss a wakeup call we wouldn't see them for days. Mick should never have left Millwall (how did he never get the crap bet out of him there?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

mc carthy's too stubborn, reyna and phillips look to be on their way, kilbane leaving, thornton unsettled....

sunderland could be heading for div2. a man city in disguise??? i think so. mc carthy has no aims, no class as a manger. keane managed ireland under mc carthy, when he left, ireland didnt win a game under mc carthy bar the saudi's who are pathetic, coincidence?, i think not.

look what happens with a decent manager in place kerr, we go on a long unbeaten run.

but he's still cracking away unfunny jokes, lapping up the interviews and attention, and wearing a false smile on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

i think the worst thing about him is his man-management. Still, hes been shown to be a bad manager here and when he gets sacked at Sunderland, he'll be shown to be a bad manager in England too. Maybe BBC will get rid of him from football focus too (well hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I remember before he got sacked as Ireland manager a friend of mine was saying how great he was. He said even if he got sacked as Ireland manager he'd get a job in the premiership and prove how good he is. How wrong was my friend? I'd say Sunderland are going to have another relegation battle on their hands again this year(and they'll probably lose this one too)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

THEY WON!!!!!!

Scoring three goals in the process (one of them was an own goal)

2-1 win with a last gasp winner from Kevin Kyle....

Last night Mansfield. next Brazil..... or perhaps Milwall

Too bad it was only the Carling cup - it's a sure indication though that mick is getting things back on track. They should easily be inline for a playoff place and with Micks talent for bringing teams on cup runs they will get quite far in the Carling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by p.pete
    Too bad it was only the Carling cup - it's a sure indication though that mick is getting things back on track. They should easily be inline for a playoff place and with Micks talent for bringing teams on cup runs they will get quite far in the Carling.

Pffft.. p.pete, you and your crazy notions, Liverpool will win the leage, Mick might get Sunderland to the playoffs, Beer kills Brain Cells....

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Pffft.. p.pete, you and your crazy notions, Liverpool will win the leage, Mick might get Sunderland to the playoffs, Beer kills Brain Cells....
    Not so crazy - I used to think the first two statements were idiotic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

mansfiels were the better side as far as i cud see. sunderland just brought everyone back and smashed it upfield. definately no improvement under mc carthy.

mansfield are a 3rd division side! and sunderland were completely outclassed for 90% of the match. playoff's my ass, they barely beat a 3rd division side, how will they beat 1st div opposition week in week out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement