Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint vs Ghost Recon

Options
  • 13-08-2003 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Pretty straightforward: Which is better, Operation Flashpoint or Ghost Recon?

Please only vote if you've played both :P

Which is TEH WIN???? 24 votes

Operation Flashpoint
    0% 0 votes
    Ghost Recon
    70% 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    29% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Bit of a strange poll, Ghost Recon isnt even in the same league as OFP. All the Rainbow 6 (and GR) games came and went, while they are quite good (especially Raven Shield) they didnt really stand out in any way at all.

Matt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Operation Flashpoint for me for the simple reason that it thought me two important lessons:

1. If you hear tanks, Run!
    2. Never ever join the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

and a fairly related topic, which is better between Ghost recon and and rogue spear? just that i saw them in game yesterday for €14.99 and was wondering which one i should get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Ghost recon is no comparison to op flash.
    If your out numbered in op flash, you run, hear a tank, you hide and hope for the best. The ai are brilliant and every mission can turn out differant everytime.
    Ghost recon I didn't like so my opinion is biased. I really tried to play it but ended up cheating just for some mindless killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by suppafly
    and a fairly related topic, which is better between Ghost recon and and rogue spear? just that i saw them in game yesterday for €14.99 and was wondering which one i should get?

I seen a pack in GAME the other day which had Ghost Recon, Rogue Spear and two others. Can't remember the price but have a look for it.

I would recommend both, but Ghost Recon for the moment because i love the xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

FLASHPOINT

FLASHPOINT

FLASHPOINT

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*cough*

Flashpoint

*cough*

I never quite felt at home with the TC games, always felt detached from them somehow.
    Flashppint was very fluid for me, really felt immersed in the gameplay.

Was and is a bloody ahrd single player game though.
    If you fark something up you're simply screwed.

And no ingame saves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I bought Raven Shield , and like it quite alot.
    but still, Flahpoint all the way baby. No comparison imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

both are excellent, flashpoint gives a better feeling of war, and a better feeling of it being dangerous. Plus all the tanks, planes and helicopters (my fav) are cool. Op flash is probably a better game,

but ghost recons gets my vote because the gun fights are better in that. and flashpoint was very buggy and sometimes didn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What version you runing?
    It's imporved massively since Resistance and 1.91
    Course, the one gripe about the game is you need to throw a beast of a machine at it to get the full experience. And it does look a bit clunky, but have you ever seen the actual military simulators?
    Look like the original Battlefield (Atari) with filled polygons, but are accurate as feck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement