Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if your having a problem installing the blaster worm patch

• 13-08-2003 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

I had downoaded the ms patch, but had problems installing it. thought id post how i got around it. i originally ran the fix blast file here but couldnt run the proper microsoft patch, got the error listed below, basically saying i cant run the patch as the cryptography service cant recognise it

the microsoft patch is here btw: patch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i knew i was still infected as i was having great fun with my start menu & taskbar reverting from classic to standard etc(as can be seen below), and also my net connection wouldnt disconnect without me pulling out the cable.

I evevtually came across this site which shows you how to fix this, its loacted below: (or you search 822798 on microsoft.com you get the same thing)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];822798

thought this might be of help to some people

oh by the way the shutodwn can be aborted by typing "shutdown /a" in the run command, once it has started.

it can also be halted by right clicking the title bar of the shutdown window (but it will only halt while right mouse button is pressed, when you release the button the countdown will re-commence)

paddy

Advertisement