Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of "the Rocky" Era

Options
  • 13-08-2003 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

The rocky has been going on at the Classic cinema since some time in the 80's (so I'm told). Now this friday, the 15th is the last one ever!!!!!! Any rocky fans or people who have wanted to go but never did better get there on friday as its your last chance to do so. EVER....well at least in dublin. It's 6.50 in (but it might be free this time, might be a rumour) There's gonna be a band afterwards so make sure you stay later than usual. ALL MUST GO!!!!! NO MORE ROCKY!!!! It starts at either 11 or half (my memory sucks), I'm pretty sure it's 11 though. And the Classic cinema is in Harold's cross. It's gonna be a really good one as they are trying to get all the really old cast members back. That's all of your time I shall consume.....mmmm...time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Starts at eleven. There was a similar post on CTYizens, but it seems to be bollocksed. I shall be there, but don't let that put you off. Starts at eleven. 25 years of perversion coming to an end.. *sniff*

Come and be amazed. Waatch me amaze you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

21 years.

There shall be many there I SHOULD HOPE! So come. ALL OF YOU! Even the Americans. You've got a few days so hurry and arrange things!

Don't worry bout having never gone. I'm trying to get a lot of virgins to see it just once. :D

But NOOOOOOOOOO! DAMN YOU ALBERT! DAMN YOOOOUUUUU! <shakes fist>

*scratch that* Ctyizens is working again : http://www.ctyizens.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=181

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I shall be there with bells on. if i find somewhere to stay. no promise with the bells :) stop pimping your boards on my board bitch :p

Sven, any chance of a floor space?

and its stopping cus reputedly alberts selling the place. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Really? I heard that the guy who does the projecter (perhaps he's called Albert..) is getting on in years and does not wish to stay up that late. Also, it's not making any money really. I mean recently it's been worse than ever before. It's just been the cast and a handful for the audience. Anywho, anyone who does come go mad and dress up....c'mon, it's the last one ever here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

its my first (and last, i suppose...) time to go, and im only able to go cos my parents dont have a clue what it actually is, so i cant dress flamboyantly... someone tell me what they do to rocky "virgins"? please?

well.....some of these are myths. A few myths are that they bugger you with a cucumber or lollipop (NOT REMOTELY TRUE) They will basically just write "Virgin" on your froehead and leave lipstick marks all over your face. However, they might be getting some of the really old cast members back so they might have their own traditions of which I'm ignorant. Don't worry about it, we all were rocky virgins at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Although some of us got away with it more than others :D Well there's gonna be free food, 3 kegs (ID required), possible free access, and most likely the largest audience in quite some time. Although I am unable to be a part of it *crys*.

And Hugh, how many times can one board go down? It's done it AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

they used to bugger you with cucumbers back in the good old days... ah well, such is life. :rolleyes:

should be a good laugh anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

How confirmed are the rumours of this demise, its the 3rd time its apparently going to be the last one. Am going, hope to bring back some of the best old virgin traditions. hehehehehehehehehehehehe

• Advertisement

Muhah.. Well, it's tonight. Come, or be a rectangular thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DAMN!!!! ONCE AGAIN I AM THWARTED BY MY DISTANCE FROM DUBLIN!!!

On a lighter note, have fun everyone thats going. (lucky b*st*rds)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I know how you feel Aonghus.

damn funeral in galway

Hmmmm. We could just put on our own performance for people who don't live in dublin. Who's with me?

How about no.

/me can't get the image of Aonghus in Rocky clothes out of his head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm not allowed to go. My mum wouldn't have minded, but my dad won't let me "You're only 14" "I know what the Rocky is" "I know what kind of loopers go to the Classic Cinema" "It's on too late" "I'm doing this for your own good" etc. Once a Rocky virgin, forever a Rocky virgin *sobs uncontrollably*. Oh well, you all have fun :(

Say that it's Rocky the boxing movie, and you were misled earlier.

OMFG 500 posts loike!!1!11!one

Wait a second... I thought it was rocky the boxing movie... What ARE we talking about? :confused:

Ghey secks. At the ghey bar. What else would we talk about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

This is horrible. I'm only hearing this news now. HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!! The worst thing about it is that I have two hours before it starts. BUT I'M IN FECKING KERRY!!!

• Advertisement

I am stuck in Galway. I hate Galway. I hate the crappy PC that I'm on. It doesn't even have MSN Messenger FFS! I'm having to download it. Which is taking ages on my crappy connection. And I have to miss Rocky. (I've only ever seen bits and pieces of it, but I have an idea of what goes on in screenings)

Also, I have an idea. Instead of bitching about how it's not going to be shown anymore, why doesn't someone find a large enough free room, get a projector and DVD of Rocky, and carry on the tradition, even for a limited audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

The worst is when you CAN reach it, ALL your friends are there, including ones unlikely to be seen for a month, and YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED GO!!!

Most of them will be congregating as we (I) speak!

/me cries

Even worse is when you CAN'T get to it, you're BORED out of your head, you want to SPAM and ctyizens.com is listed as COMING SOON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I think the best is when you live 10 minutes away, are at home today and just *could not be ARSED* going. Hell yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

woohoo, hurrah for teenage rebellion. i also wasn't arsed going so i made new clothing out of old clothing instead(see? i'm not a bimbo)

teenage rebellion? oh, thats why you werent at the rocky...
    i went and IT KICKED ARSE. brilliant in everyway except that its not coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

heheh! teenage rebellion my ass! you weren't allowed go were you Ana? LIAR!
    Ooh, I LOVE making new clothing out of old clothing! Go us, we creative customisers with no money for real new clothes.

i do feel bad for ana though,cos it was brilliant.

It kicked arse most verily. So verily..
    I've never seen the Classic so packed.. I've seen few cinemas elsewhere so packed, especially with so many noisy and inebriated people.

"...the wife was good, the kids were better, but the dog was the best..."

• Advertisement

Ana, you haven't ever been to the rocky, have you? Mwahaha! This means you are now eternally a rocky virgin!! It was the most packed ever! The whole cinema was full! Some peoples got turned away....poor bastards. Though it was a little difficult to get up and do the dances. The time warp became "It's just a shuffle to the left, then an edge to the right, KEEP YOUR HANDS BY YOUR SIDES, tuck those knees in tight!!!!...and so on"
    Oooh, and the rocky isn't quite dead. Me and peoples are gonna have parties where the rocky is shown about once a month. Mostly other peoples though coz my parents suck. Should be fun though.

Advertisement