Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of "the Rocky" Era

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

INVITE ME! It's probably the next best thing to going to the Rocky for a Rocky virgin like me. Just make sure that no cucumbers are involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ah the cucumbers....memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

well, there are loads of rocky's here, so if any of you ever come over you can be de-virginized then and you won't have to be doomed to an eternity of rocky virginity :D
    so theoretically, the rocky still lives and thrives (yay!), just not in ireland. (aaaw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

actually, they lied. there's another one next week for all the people who were turned away on fridjau. so if you missed it last time, go this week instead. :D
    (i won't be there, i said my goodbyes and i plan to leave it that way :ninja: )

i'm pretty sure that information is official but it might not be, so don't blame me if it was a double-double cross and all your heads explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Science fiction
    Double feature
    Frank has built
    And lost his creature
    Darkness has swallowed
    Brad and Janet
    The servants gone to
    A distant planet

At the late night
    Double feature
    Picture show...

<RIP>

• Advertisement

it's astounding (what is?)
    time is fleeting (who's your favourite band?)
    madness (they were sh*te!)
    takes its toll
    but listen closely (for how long?)
    not for very much longer (how many balls you got rif?)
    i've got to (i've got three!)
    keep control

etc.

it's the callbacks that make it what it is.

HELL NO! It's Tim Curry who makes the film what it is...

Erm... :ninja:

Ooooh... imagine Franky as played by Vincent Price! Just imagine Sweet Transvestite sung by him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The rocky may not be dead as yet!
    As soon as i get back to school I'm gonna try and convince my vice-principal to do it as the next school musical (we do 1 every 2nd year)

So there may be a performance or two of the rocky in St Michaels Theatre, New Ross sometime in the near future if I can convince my v-p which should be easy as he is sound out

So we mightn't all die virgins!!!! (rocky virgins that is)

Do you know what the Rocky is? I honestly doubt that your vice-principal would let you perform it, unless he's an uber(how do you do umlauts on a computer?)pervert.

He's not a pervert, and please dont insult him, he's the best teacher in the history of the proffesion

And theres a slim but existent chance that he'll let us do it so im gonna try anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by Scarlett
    Do you know what the Rocky is?

I'm not totally sure myself, can someone inform me?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

It's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". Best film about transvestite aliens ever. Vincent Price?! It would be funny but god help me I can't help but find tim curry really attractive in that film. I like the shapes he makes with his mouth......and hips.
    And if the whole "last rocky ever" becomes a big ploy to get money I'll have to shoot some people. They got loads the last day ith everyone that was there and then making virgins pay 2euro for a certificate. I ain't going again either (my word means diddley) as I have already had my last "Rocky" and eaten it. (Still means nothing):rolleyes:

The best thing is that the Rocky Horror Picture Show is an 18 cert film being talked about on the forum for The Irish Centre For Talent Youth. hehehe... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Well, seriously Sven, what do you expect from us? We're not only the "talented", although i dislike that term cos the test didn't really prove anything, but we also (at least the older Ctyiers) are those who were slightly pushed to the side in society. It's only logical that we should latch onto something that is deemed "out of bounds" due to vulgarity, promiscuity, cannibalism, and whatever else the censor is based on.

Or else it was just a cool film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

the movie was probably made before the whole concept of "age certificates" was even invented anyway.

YOU were made before the whole concept of "age certificates" was even invented anyway. so there. :p

love your quote by the way dearie. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

This would be the perfect time to tell you i told you so, but I have far too much good taste to tell you I told you this was all a ruse to get some cash and sharpish. I am to refined and cultured to tell you I told you so, would never even stress or underline the point. Not one bit.

The Rocky is not only the greatest movie about Transexual transvestite aliens ( I hope its the only one really ), its also alot more; a musical, a play, a way of life, a giver of liberities in the fashion sense, global audience participation, a dance hall, a custom party, some to do on Friday night, a social experiment, an anthropolistic nightmare, an attempt to courrpt the god-fareing youth of todays generation, a boost to toast and rice sales ( and cucumbers in the case of virgins ), the first time my girl-friend wore a suspender belt, the first place I wore fish net tights and sat in a wheelchair, a cult, a cult classic movie, a B--movie of the highest order, Satire, comedy and sex, the beginning of Tim Curry, the beginning of the end for Meatloaf, and the rest. Thats what The Rocky is.

18's *har-umph!* I say! It should be shown to small children, repeatidly in school, before mass if its a christian school. There should be collectors cards and computer games, and the only soundtrack should be the one of the movie as none of the plays have ever touched upon its greatness.

And again, I refrain from telling you all I told you.

Oooh! Jaf might be playing brad tomorrow! That'll be hilarious if it actually happens! He'll be a little confused coz I don't think he's ever really payed much attention to the film really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

does anybody really pay attention to the movie?
    no, we are all too busy enjoying ourselves. the movie is more like a very long and progressive auto-cue for us.

oh, and on the subject of jaff,
    "a weakling."
    "Jaff!"
    "weighing ninety eight pounds"
    "two jaffs!"
    . ah .. sorry bout that jaff, but really, twas very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

anybody ELSE see the front page of the irish times today? with the article about the closing of the classic (oh the misfortunate, please don't make me go to the stella now. :( )? and the final showing of the rocky being next friday?

so who's going to the REAL final rocky? i'll be there, with bells on. actually, on 2nd thoughts, i won't be able to fit bells onto my leather miniskirt.....

this info was in the irish times, it has to be true

• Advertisement

I'll confirm that arcticle, and i will also try to be there, but i dont think i will

I won't be allowed to go *sob, sob* My parents want me to have a social life(they get annoyed if I spend more than a day without leaving the house), but just not one that involves going to see films about transsexual aliens that go on until 3 a.m. NOT FAIR. That's the best type of social life to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by Squeee
    It's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". Best film about transvestite aliens ever. Vincent Price?! It would be funny but god help me I can't help but find tim curry really attractive in that film. I like the shapes he makes with his mouth......and hips.
    And if the whole "last rocky ever" becomes a big ploy to get money I'll have to shoot some people.

Get you gun young 'un, there's going to be another on the 29th(this Friday) Which is good for me 'cause I had to miss the last one. The guy who owns the classic is retiring so the whole place is closing down unfortunately. However, if the new owner decides to keep a cinema runnig there he'll probably get requests for running the rocky again. Here's hoping to that.

Ah but old Albert is the guy who owns the rights to the reel so without him they can't show it. Or so I've heard.

Oh and Alex, the Rocky was before Bat Out Of Hell, so I somehow doubt it was the beginning of the end for meatloaf. :p

Bat out of hell was good?

Bat Out of Hell was Very Good, and is in fact my all time favourite song so discontinue critisising it please

I'm sorry. I do believe I live in a state where freedom of speech exists. I can post my opinion on a song with out being told not to. Or has that right been revoked or something.

It was only a joke Jaffer. I prefere his old stuff, you are entitled to your opinion but don't critise mine.

I wasn't trying to criticise your opinion Havelock and I'm v. Sorry if it came out that way.

Truce?

Originally posted by stevanavich

oh, and on the subject of jaff,
    "a weakling."
    "Jaff!"
    "weighing ninety eight pounds"
    "two jaffs!"
    . ah .. sorry bout that jaff, but really, twas very funny.
    Ahhh! That's scary! That's what I screamed out at the last rocky. Not the real last rocky. He wasn't too happy coz when he came up to me that day I told him to "piss off you grotty little wanker". You can feel the love. Anywho, The reason I am present is to inform people that the last two "final rockies" were ****ing hoaxes. This one is the last one, it was even in the paper......I know I was scaptical too. But still, I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and go along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

albert kelly, the man who runs the classic, has kept the rocky alive for 21 years, even through the barring scandal back in the 80's when the classic itself was threatened with closing, has been oredered by his doctor to stop working at the classic.he has to close it for the good of his health, and there is no one around who can keep it going.not even all those ever so nice people who bitch at and about him for ending the rocky even when he had no choice.somehow i dont see them stepping in to do anything about the ending of the rocky, of which albert is just as upset. it is not his fault the rocky is ending, the classic is his life and his love, and he does not want to see it go.but if he does not close the classic, it will kill him.because he is not just the guy who runs the projectors.he, for the last 21 years, has also been the man at the door every evening to greet the cinema's patrons.he is at the classic all day everyday, and he stays on later for the rocky.and he enjoy's staying on later for the rocky.he loves the rocky just as much as all of the elitist ****s who run the stage show do.but now the rocky has ended, and somehow i dont think anyone posting on this sight went to its final showing.(cept for hugh and steven(and i think neil), sorry guys)So Quake With Fear You Tiny Fools!

Advertisement