Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about doing a house survey for Broadband

Options
  • 13-08-2003 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Advice needed guys whats the correct etiquette for doing a house to house survey in my estate to see whose tested for BB and whose passed failed ETC ETC.

Id just like to know the percentage of passed failed houses as ive heard quite a few times that more and more people in viewmount are failing the BB tests then passing

So any advice would be helpfull, ill be sending the results on to the RAT after its done

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1. Shave that Day
    2. Wear Chinos and Shirt ...smart casual (not a Suit or TShirt/Jeans)
    3. Get Clipboard. Put Sticker on Back of Clipboard saying WATERFORD BROADBAND SURVEY 2003 so that they can see what it is when they open the door.
    4. Keep to 5 or 6 questions , do not ask for names....note house number quietly and age/gender of respondent

If failure rate over 10%

Then go back around to those people with instructions to them on how to Complain to Comreg and to Phil Nolan about their ****ty lines, URL of webpage and email addresses.

Send overall results to Comreg.

Give results to Local Rags and make sure you tell them the name of the Comreg people involved and Phil Nolans email address so that they can get comments on the high failure rate.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by shinzon
    So any advice would be helpfull, ill be sending the results on to the RAT after its done
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Shin

Agreed with Skeptic on this why send it to them, they already know. You be better as Muck says if the number failing is high to get them to complain to Comreg and Phil boy.

It might be useful as well to give your representatives at local and national levels a look at the results (if bad) and ask them what they are doing to allow voters in their areas to get a good service.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Make sure you ask if eircom or Esat done the test; or both.
    I have heard rumours of eircom failing, then Esat passing and then eircom ringing up saying they have retested you and passed you because they don't want to lose the business

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

soz guys should have added that ill be sending them to the local rags and tds as well

shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I'd be supprised if 20% of the people you question know what adsl is!

"I'm doing a survey on the availability of adsl in our area.."

"asld.. wha?"

Originally posted by ando

"I'm doing a survey on the availability of adsl in our area.."

"asld.. wha?"

You could always put down those peeps as a fail, cause they dont know what it is, eircom obviously didnt inform them well enough with the TV and radio ads ETC ETC

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

You could always put down those peeps as a fail, cause they dont know what it is, eircom obviously didnt inform them well enough with the TV and radio ads ETC ETC

Err no you couldn't, you'd be skewing the results and if eircom have a database with the people tested etc and theya re not on it then you will be laughed at.
    Besides theres a difference between people failing and people not being told about it properly. (These people may not CARE and thats why they dont listen to anything they are told to closely. ) You can't assume anything. Both are issues that need to be addressed but they are seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Shin,

Have to agree on this point. You cannot asume that because someone doesn't know what DSL is, their phone line can't have it. The first line they come across that catches you out will turn your campaign into a laughing-stock.
    Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Err no you couldn't, you'd be skewing the results and if eircom have a database with the people tested etc and theya re not on it then you will be laughed at.
    Besides theres a difference between people failing and people not being told about it properly. (These people may not CARE and thats why they dont listen to anything they are told to closely. ) You can't assume anything. Both are issues that need to be addressed but they are seperate.

i shoulda put an lol at the end of my post, my little attempt at humour

shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

For what it's worth, I knew you were kidding. I hope your survey goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

hehe, ok didn't realise uw ere kidding. Iv'e just seen you get more and more desperate the last while and just thought you'd actually do that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Shin,

Apologies on that note. Didn't realise you were messing.

Regards.
    i shoulda put an lol at the end of my post, my little attempt at humour

shin

nps guys

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by ando

I'd be amazed if the figure was above 5% tbh. Especially in the techno-backwater I live in. :(

Advertisement