Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics card problem

• 13-08-2003 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

i recently put together a system
    amd 2700+ processor
    K7N2 Delta- ilsr mobo
    1024 mb ram
    120gb hdd
    and a gigabyte radeon 9700 pro

the problem is that when i installed windows xp pro and i installed 3d games, the game would get to the menu part and then crash when i tried to go into the game proper and the machine would also hang on every 2nd boot up, i installed all the latest graphics drivers and Bios and nforce 2 drivers but still no joy
    i installed a different graphics card and this worked but its a ****ty one
    so i tried installing windows 2000 with service patch 3 and this didnt help but it didnt hang on every 2nd boot up

so any suggestions?

thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What sort of heat is it running at? I'm just after building a system and I had a couple of issues due to heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

off hand i think it was about 35 degrees maybe 40

Probably isn't it considering I'm running at 58C. I assume you've tried new Radeon drivers, DirectX 9b, SP1 for XP, things like that?

just checked its 35 degrees when its idle and i cant get into a game to test it in game

yeah i installed sp1 and all the latest drivers, no joy!

What games are you trying to play? do they work with the other graphics card? Where did you get the Radeon from? Possible defect perhaps?

• Advertisement

i just tried installing serious sam and Rune which came with it and it still crashes and these games worked with the other card
    i bought it off Dabs, so there very well maybe a fault :(

I reckon you should try and get a RMA from Dabs and get it replaced. Email them and see what they have to say for themselves.

thanks for all the help feylya

No worries superfly. Any time.

Advertisement