Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti - 'Computer Monitoring Software'

• 13-08-2003 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have you guys any recommendation on how to check your machine for 'Computer Monitoring spyware/software'.

Any advice on how to check for, or recommendations on software that will check for you, will be appreciated.

I'd like to be sure that I'm not being watch by this sort of stuff:
    http://www.computer-monitoring-online.com/
    http://www.c-i-a-spy.com/uses.html

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

there is a program called ad-ware remover or somthing like that and its very good + its freeware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well i use a combination of 3 programs. I use Spyware Blaster, which has a big ref of all the different types to of them and stops them before they come in. I also use Spybot - Search and destroy and Ad-aware to get rid of any crap that does get on yur comp. Spy bot is pretty good and then ad-aware gets the stuff that it doesn't pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Cheers Irishguy,

I have Adware installed but it only checks for internet - cookie - tracking type stuff and not the computer monitoring software like above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i think Spy bot -searcha nd destroy this a bit more that ad-aware though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Hands up who totally missed his question?

HEH HEH

CIA/FBI/MADD ??

What yah got to hide?

2ND account books?

All that Freaky Pron?

Or are yah just Seriously paranoid?

Or all of the above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

go with spybot search and destroy. great little program for getting rid of adware/spyware
    :):)

ROFL

People, you just dont get it ..

Re-Read his post again.. then check out the links!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

CIA/FBI/MADD ??
    NO

2ND account books?
    NO

All that Freaky Pron?
    No

Or are yah just Seriously paranoid?
    NO

I've been promoted to quite a responsible position in a company of serious techies. I have payroll info, legal doc etc etc etc on my machine.

So would like the peace of mind.
    ROFL

People, you just dont get it ..

Re-Read his post again.. then check out the links!!
    I have no idea what you mean by this?

Dude,

I have to say this, unless the machine you are on has multipul users or your boss has had experiece of surveilence software on his PC's, i still say your going over the top.

If there was That kind of software, YOU are not going to know.

Trust me on this. That said You need to have a chat with The IT Manager if you have concerns, As this would be his/her domain.

As to the last post, People were giving you advice on getting rid of Spyware (as in pop up adds,Web browsing habits,password logging etc etc) not some serious key logging, browsing software that in most cases you would not even know that it was there.

Unless you are willing to tell us your setup, i cant comment on a definite program that would give you "peace of mind".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

These programmes can't just connect to a random machine and watch what a user is doing, the programme must also be installed on the target computer. Just don't let anyone install anything on your machine. You can always check your program files folder yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

http://security.kolla.de

spybot search and destroy, the best one by far, run the updates once u download it and then scan, and you can also immunise the pc against it and block bad web sites, tis a pretty cool piece of work

I Give up..

Advertisement