Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelse to Sign Makalele?

• 13-08-2003 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Chelse to Sign Real Midfielder

He would be a good signing for Chelsea not to mention a huge loss for Real.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

a loss for Madrid? Do you think so? If so, why are his wages utter ****e? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

I think he would be the final piece needed to make them a genuinely formiddable team in terms of the Premiership and Champions League.
    Once they gel they could be awesome.

A Team like below would challenge anyone

Cudicini

Melchiot Gallas Terry Bridge

Geremi Veron Makalele Duff

Mutu Gudjonsson

ye thats true actually...not too sure if like Geremi on the right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

a loss for Madrid? Do you think so? If so, why are his wages utter ****e?

I think he may have taken a pay cut to remain at the club. I think he would be a huge loss to madrid. He is effectively their only defensive midfielder. Plus he also was their best centre back for most of last year while Hierro was injured.

Madrids defence is already suspect. Now they will not be given any protection from their midfield

Why doesnt Perez buy two world class defenders and he has a guaranteed european cup winning team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Originally posted by UbahOne
    a loss for Madrid? Do you think so? If so, why are his wages utter ****e? :confused:

He's the most important player on that team bar none- including Zidane! Almost every time he has been injured Real have lost. If he had been fit for the CL semi, they would probably have gone through. As every other player attacks he has to do all the tackling and cover the weak central defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Why doesnt Perez buy two world class defenders and he has a guaranteed european cup winning team

Apparently Madrid made an enquiry about Canavaro and Nesta around Christmas time lastyear but when the suggested it to the President he was disgusted, stating that he would not waste Real Madrids money on defenders. That will eventually come back and bite him on the ass.

Totally agree with you Marct but I think Raul is also a more important player than Zidane. He is fastly becoming the only true native "madridian" to be playing for Real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Would ve a very good signing the ball winner we're been craving, Harry Harris who is good friends with Mr Bates revealed on Sun that CFC want a holding mid + a target man we know the holding mid is Makelele.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Id definately put makelele in my world 11 his work rate is second to none. He was in banging form at the end of last season real have always missed him when he was unavailable like in the match against juve. Macca said that he is one of the most important players at the bernabeu. if chelsea sign him it will be a coup.it could put them on level terms with man u and arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

He would be a great signing for any team. I think it is getting a little messy between himself and Real though. Is there any chance that they will just ignore him until his contract runs out? I'm not sure they are going to accept a transfer fee for him at the moment and if he doesn't resume training he won't be getting his game either.

• Advertisement

T Birch said that CFC aren't interested in him.

I think Birch is being coy what he actually said was for the time being we're not doing anything re Makelele wait for it all to blow over.

Advertisement