Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing alone in multiplayer mode

Options
  • 13-08-2003 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,
    Since i updated desert combat and bf I noticed extra maps in the multiplayer mode.
    These maps are only available if i start a multiplayer game.
    Is there anyway to play these maps when you are not connected to any other pc or network?
    If I try and start a lan game it always waits for a second player before the game will start. Anyway around this?

Cheers

Wavey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You'll go blind playing with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Not quite what I meant Rev but thank you:eek:

BTW you dont go blind if you wear a glove!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ok, well here is the deal Wavey.

DesertCombat has a good few custom maps in the mod. These would be the extra maps that you see in Multiplayer Mode. These maps currantly do not have single player support so that is why they do not appear in Single Player mode.

The only DC map that works in single player is 73 Eastings as they were able to crack the single player code for that. They are the only mod to have done so. They are constantly working on trying to get more single player support out but it may be a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Ahh I see, Cheers Winters.
    I thought there might be some way around it.

If you ever want to play with AI i]Computer Bots[/i in multiplayer mode then all you need to do is the following:
    Click Multiplayer,
    Select Create Server i]or something like it[/i
    Change the game type to "CO-OP".
    Set the other details, like max players etc.
    Add the maps you wish to play
    Select "Start Local" i]or something like that[/i

Starting a local CO-OP game i find is better then singleplayer if your just looking for a quick fun battle as you can change sides and maps etc. as you wish... and also its easier to set the players etc. on the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

and can u just do that in co-op or can u do it in any of the others?

You can do that for any of the game types [Conquest, CO-OP, CTF etc.]. Only CO-OP though has AI Bots in it.

The local multiplayer games is what you use when playing on a Lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

So Co-Op is the only one that has bots in it. Didn't know that, thanks. If u have more than yurself playing(say 2/3 or something) can u have bots in any of them or is it just in Co-Op?

100th post! Woot! :D

If you only have 2 or 3 "real" people playing you can have a CO-OP lan going with 22 bots and as each "real" player joins a bot leaves to make space for the "real" player.

For the other game styles you really need more then one player to enjoy them, 10 is reccommended :)

Advertisement