Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking issue

Options
  • 13-08-2003 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi there, Recently I noticed that each time I tried to check computers within our domain via Network Neighbourhood the message below is displayed: "<domain name> is not accessible" "The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available" what do you think is problem. Any ideas on how to restore it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is your Primary Domain Controller up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Yep. When you run "set" from a command prompt it says that i'm logged into the domain and all. Its very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

that could be caused by so many things its impossable to say what it is with such little information. Is it a nt4 server, 2000? What information are you getting in the event viewer? Is it just your computer that your having problems with, what OS is your computer? Can you access the server's shares over the network?

NT4 Server. Win2k on the client. Yes its only this pc with the problem. I was trying to map to a network share originally, but could not, thats how I came across the problem initially. The Netlogon service is running on the PC, there's no events that help in the event log. Its very strange. The only thing I haven't tried is taking it off the Domain and re-adding it. I was hoping there was another solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Try taking it off the domain and re-adding as you say. May also be an issue with Wins, are you running a wins server on the lan ?

Gav

• Advertisement

Na, not WINS. I'll just remove it and re-add it to the domain. Let ye know how it goes. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Might be worth checking DNS suffix

21/25

Advertisement