Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkstown ADSL

Options
  • 13-08-2003 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All,

I here esat have ADSL in monkstown. Can someone else confirm this?

90 euro a month option thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well €ircom have the dun laoghaire exchange enabled.
    ring esat to confirm perhaps??

i live the monkstown side of blackrock but couldnt get adsl of any kind cause the copper going into the gaff is so crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

The Esat €90 (+VAT) exchange is located on Upper Patrick Street Dun Laoghaire. (or so i was told).
    Eircoms exchange is behind the post office(???) in Dun Laoghaire.
    If your within the range for that than you should be ok.

Give them a ring on 1800 924 924 (think thats Business, if not ask to be put through to the business people), you will probably be put through to Phil Plant eventually who is the head of the Dun Laoghaire exchange or something (hes taking care of my order, v nice guy imo).

This ADSL package is the best available if your a gamer. No cap, great pings and good contention ratio. Only draw back is the business price of €107 a month. If you just want a good uncapped product for downloads then go with Netsource res/business. There's a post on this product somewhere not to far down on this forum which explains everything about Esat BT's business product. Any other questions just ask.

IOL,Netsource,UTV and Eircom all do RADSL there if your ADSL fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Eircoms exchange is on patrick St in Dunlaoghaire esat also operate from this exchange. there is no exchange behind the post office.

Eircoms exchange is on patrick St in Dunlaoghaire esat also operate from this exchange. there is no exchange behind the post office.
    alright thanks for clearing that up, was a bit surprised when i 'found out' there were 2 exchanges.
    Silly Eircom employees not knowing where exchanges are.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Im in Dun Laoghaire and get a great connection (average) 75kbs.

Esat is good. I hope to move to blackrock in a months time and get BB then. So all I need is a telephone connection for BB to come into the house. + all the other packages etc.

As long as I have a phone connection everything should be hunky dory?

• Advertisement

As long as I have a phone connection everything should be hunky dory?
    Depends on state of the copper and wether the house is on a splitter....

Can i ask what package your on to get 75kb/s. Thats high for 512k but v low for 1mb. I dont know of any products inbetween....

business Esat IOL. I get steady speeds with them. Granted this is a workplace.

"Depends on state of the copper and wether the house is on a splitter...."

So what, if the house I move into doesn't have these, I cannot get broadband??? And is there anyway of upgrading this. Of course at a cost no doubt.

But surely most houses are able to take broadband? I know it comes down to whether or not you are near an exchange but surely one can get BB now with a phone line in the house.

I cannot live without broadband when I move into my new rented house in September.

This is the average speed i get.

Your current bandwidth reading is:

685.50kbps

which means you can download at 85.69 KB/sec. from our servers.

go to www.irishspeedtest.com for your test.

Advertisement