Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE: €1800 bill from Eircom

Options
  • 13-08-2003 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Just saw this thread today.

The 72 Gb was very, very wrong. There was a problem in the sequence of the raw data for that customer which led to several 1 second long sessions showing a 4GB upload and download.

I've fixed the problem (I hope) and would ask the original poster (and anyone else) to check their stats and make sure that they are accurate.

Sorry about the problem. my bad.

R

please email webtest01@eircom.net with any problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Wow, thanks for posting and clearing that up. Im sure the original poster will be very pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jimhenson

Thanks a lot for all your help! and your phone call
    its really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

lol u were screwed now ur saved . wp eircom ( ffs what am i saying )

Theres nothing wrong with Eircoms employees (apart from biddies) theya re usualy fairly good at their job. Just shoot the biddies and the eircom higher management. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

i must say its very nice to see eircom admit to their mistake! :)
    and i think we're all happy for jim! :) lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i guess everyone who flamed that guy, owes him an excuse

i guess everyone who flamed that guy, owes him an excuse

Not really, the reason he was flamed is correct. I don't think he ever denied downloading that much...? He just refused to pay saying he hadn't ordered this service and wouldn't pay for it. Thats why he was flamed. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    He just refused to pay saying he hadn't ordered this service and wouldn't pay for it.

Which he was perfectly within his rights to say. I would say the same. The ignorance on that thread was mindboggling.

If someone orders service A and recieves service B, they should not have to pay for service B or any charges incurred under service B.

It should thoretically take only one phone call to say "This is not service A, its service B" for the problem to be fixed. There is a certain amount of Caveat Emptor but imo, the guy was perfectly right to refuse to pay if he WAS charged for that amount.

If someone orders service A and recieves service B, they should not have to pay for service B or any charges incurred under service B.

Ah maybe that would be the case if he didn't use it but he did use it so his defence went out the window imo. (unless he didnt realise he was using service B which i find doubtful. This wasn't his first month using it afterall and had therefore payed the bills)

Im gonna leave it at that, no point in starting another discussion about it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I've only read that thread now. Can someone answer me something that to me seems bloody obvious? Did Jimhenson actually get a Bill? All he posted was the stats screen to say that he'd gone over his allowance. AFAIK, €ircon have yet to charge anyone for going over the cap. There was a lot of people telling him to pay the bill etc but did he actually get a bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Not on the basis of that thread. But I don't think it would have been wise for anyone to think "oh they haven't charged anyone for going over the cap, so they won't charge this guy the €1800".

Perhaps someone should have sussed that there was no way anyone could go that far over the limit, I'll blame you BB monkeys!

That thread was a bit farcical, for two main reasons: 1) Jim's odd reluctance to say that he had signed the contract for the uncapped until late in the thread, which was by far the most important piece of info, and made almost everything else irrelevant, and 2) Other people's subsequent refusal to acknowledge this crucial fact and allow for it.

No contract, no agreement, no right to reclaim debts.

And don't congratulate Eircom for correcting their mistake, that's the least people are owed. Oh that feels better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

he didn't sign up fpr the uncapped, he TRIED to sign up for the uncapped... if you read the post you would have seem that he said he has been trying to get moved over to the uncapped, in other words, he knew he was on capped service.

And before this degenerates into mud-slinging like the last one, i think this thread should also be locked shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:p maybe if it turns into a flameing war or 100 post super thread lol

but people seem to want to get this topic of overchargeing/Cap payment out of their systems SOOOOOOO no flameing = fine with me

enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Mutant_Fruit.....

Quoted from jimhenson in the original thread:
    So you all think I should pay even though I the contract I signed was for the uncapped service...

Maybe you don't believe him? Well I had my doubts too, but I'm prepared to take him at his word. After all, he's the only one in a position to actually know. Well, him and Eircom.

From the contract standpoint, and this is what matters when resolving disputes, if he signed for the uncapped, it effectively matters not a fúck whether or not he knew, suspected or had an inkling he was on the capped service.

Advertisement