Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking the Plank into Politics...

• 13-08-2003 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Now political fever is on the horizon for Fiona
    Fiona McGonnell may take the political plunge.

SHE walked the plank on television, but Fine Gael is hoping Cabin Fever contestant Fiona McGonnell will help the party rule the waves by standing in next year's local elections.

A senior party source said last night that an approach had been made to the gregarious Cavan woman.

Fiona took the plunge into the Liffey on Monday night after she failed to win the €100,000 prize in RTE's reality TV contest.

"Contact has been made in the last few weeks and the response is said to have been quite positive," the source said. "She has traditional Fine Gael roots."

The 30-year-old works as an IT consultant and lives in Dublin.

282129.jpg

It must be August.......and it could only be Fine Girl.... :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Things must be getting terribly desperate. I wonder if I got on some reality TV show and lost would any political parties be headhunting me? Does she have any policies or will she tow the party line (of having no clear policies)? I suppose Arnie is running for governor of California why cant we do the same kind of outlandish stunt (not wanting to be out-stupified by the Americans).:p

Advertisement