Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which hard drive?

• 13-08-2003 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

cant decide between this western digital and this seagate

there both 120g with 8mb

main factors are speed noise and reliability (it wont go tits up on me).

I was gonna go for the western digi one until i saw that the sound emission was 39 dBA which seems very loud for a hard drive.

opinions ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Myself and one of the lads in the house have the Western Digital and it's not exactly noisy. Can't hear it over the fan noise tbh. When you think that the GeForce FX had some like a 96dB fan on it, and sound is expotential, 39dB isn't loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

thats true, but i have a very quiet rig atm & about the noisiest thing currently is an old hard drive, so the last thing i want is a nother noisy one, hence noise being a big factor in my decision.

cheers for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I think that the seagate drive that I have is the same as the one you linked to ...except mine has a SATA interface ... it is the quitest HD I've come across ... VERY quiet ... happy customer

[edit]
    I just checked, and your drives is the PATA version of the same drive ...
    [/edit]

Advertisement