Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would RTS be interested in a public debate here on the matter?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

I think it needs to be stated that RTS isn't an organisation. Its simply an unbrella that lots of organisations align themself under.
    To ask for 3 RTS people can have such a wide conflict of interests. One of the reasons why modern vested interests and politicans can't deal with anti-globalists is the fact that the structure of their bodies is so anarchical(?word?). For example, If I feel that fair trade is the way forward becuase of ISSUE A I decide to call myself a member of RTS by viewing my issues on RTS platforms. I m thereby a member. I don't embody all the ideals because RTS ideals have an infinite tendancy...
    An Internet debate isn't suited to RTS peeps as it doesn't allow the full spectrum to be viewed. If it did the thread would be off topic all the time.

It is a mistake to ask for RTS people. Just ask for interested parties. If some of those interested parties happen to be party of teh RTS movement. Then you might just get something you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I dont think theres any point regarding a debate with the RTS - it seems to be just a flag of convenience, used as a rallying point, disowned when any tricky questions arise - see responsibility for one thing. Unless anyones capable of representing the organisation, and apparently no one can, youre not debating with the RTS crowd youre debating with a bunch of people who incidentially are sorta connected to RTS, which is some nebulous anti-organistation.

And as RFM has implied the RTS idealogy doesnt stand up well to scrutiny anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Originally posted by Sand
    I dont think theres any point regarding a debate with the RTS - it seems to be just a flag of convenience, used as a rallying point, disowned when any tricky questions arise - see responsibility for one thing. Unless anyones capable of representing the organisation, and apparently no one can, youre not debating with the RTS crowd youre debating with a bunch of people who incidentially are sorta connected to RTS, which is some nebulous anti-organistation.

And as RFM has implied the RTS idealogy doesnt stand up well to scrutiny anyway.
    No. Dadakopf has made a good intelligent argument for RTS.

Advertisement