Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy special size fans??

Options
  • 13-08-2003 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Everyone
    I need some good advice on where to buy quality 40 mm and 60 mm fans, preferable in Ireland or just somewhere where they wont add 150% for postage and handling.

It really need to be quality low noice fans as i want to replace the noisy fans i have in my X Box :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

as i want to replace the noise fans i have in my X Box

As in the orignal fans? Not noisy at all IMO.
    Considering whats inside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Been working half an hour now trying to fit some of the small fans i had in stock, but they are all to "thick" or "Tall" what ever you prefr to call it, so problem is they wil just fit underneath the DVD and this does not leave any room for air at all.
    I really want to modify this as the noise is driving me crazy when watching movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I got a spare delta 60mm fan (25mm thick) high cfm that will probably do the job for you if set to 5v. i'm only concerned that it might be too thick from what you're saying.

erm, this might sound stupid, as i don't have a clue of the xbox layout, but if you're gonna mod it, why not replace the fans with a single 120mm or 80mm fan and a bit of ducting to ensure all the important areas are cooled properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Originally posted by netman

erm, this might sound stupid, as i don't have a clue of the xbox layout, but if you're gonna mod it, why not replace the fans with a single 120mm or 80mm fan and a bit of ducting to ensure all the important areas are cooled properly?

Just t give you a picture of the interior of the X Box, it is to say the least very cramed!! the cpu fan is allready ducted and a 120 mm would simply not fit anywhere.

The most noisy fan is not the big 60 mm cpu and system fan, but much more the small 40 mm GPU fan which i think i may be able to find in maplin.
    Thanks for the sugestions anyway :cool:

Advertisement