Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Special

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dooley

We'll I've been with DreamHost for 2 years and have never had to ring them and have never had any problems and therefore had no reason to call them during office hours or otherwise.

I think it's worth ~€60 euro less a year for 19.85gigs more space and 995gigs more Bandwidth per month.

Stop kidding yourself please :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well if its sooo great, why do you feel its completely necessary to post about it here?

If they are so good, surely they dont need you as their advertising contact in Ireland?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Well if its sooo great, why do you feel its completely necessary to post about it here?

Are you for real? It's 10 fold better value in every way. I cant believe that a hosting company can get away with prices such as these. I posted this so people looking for hosting wont be roped into a "Special Offer" like this. 150 megs space and 5gigs transfer, this is a joke!
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    If they are so good, surely they dont need you as their advertising contact in Ireland?

You want me to pick someone else? I already posted two far superior hosting companies, but I'm sure I could gather more if you wanted. Of course, google is there for you to find them yourself, but I don't want it to sound like I'm advertising for google so you could use Altavista or Yahoo or any of the other great search engines out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Dooley wrote:
    Are you for real? It's 10 fold better value in every way. I cant believe that a hosting company can get away with prices such as these. I posted this so people looking for hosting wont be roped into a "Special Offer" like this. 150 megs space and 5gigs transfer, this is a joke!

If that is the case then why are you singling out this one hosting company? Why not post in the webmaster forum about hosting companies in general - c'mon its an open invitation to make your case

Ph3n0m wrote:
    If that is the case then why are you singling out this one hosting company? Why not post in the webmaster forum about hosting companies in general - c'mon its an open invitation to make your case

I posted two, but went into specifics on my own hosting when the comments about office hour phone calls were made. I'm posting in this thread because some naive young boards member could wander in here and think that the Blacknight offer is in some way a good deal. I'm trying to show that it's not and it's kinda pointless to do that in another forum that may be visited by this hypothetical naive member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Of course the fact that this thread hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years while our hosting plans have been probably escaped you completely.

Well then could you at least update your original post to reflect your current prices instead of grossly out of date offers. I'm not here just to burn blacknight, I just didn't want people to get ripped off.

Having 3 year old offers looks really unprofessional.

Oh wow just looked at your current prices an extra 50 megs of space and another gig of transfer. I thought you would have done a little better in 3 years, especially with the prices of competitors these days.

Dooley wrote:
    Well then could you at least update your original post to reflect your current prices instead of grossly out of date offers.

I can't edit posts that old on here unless I get one of the overworked boards' admins to do it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

im with dreamhost, yes, but i have one fault with them, pings and a slow mysql database.

thats why im going for blacknight now for my forum.
    any special codes?

Sparky - email me directly (michele@blacknight.ie) and I'll see what I can do for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

blacknight wrote:
    Sparky - email me directly (michele@blacknight.ie) and I'll see what I can do for you

i actually signed up today, so its a bit late, but alls ok, im just waiting for my email of ftp info etc.
    Since i done an IE domain ive to wait till office hours for it to be processed.
    One thing is when i look at the billing section for hosting plans it has a traffic light with a red error, what ever that means i dont know.

Advertisement