Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curses

Options
  • 13-08-2003 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Curses

No not the age old fable about witches causing someone’s manhood to wither,
    For all women know that they can all do that by just laughing and pointing :)

But it is the topic for this months an Fainne meeting www.anfainne.net

Date: 14/08
    Time: 7:30pm
    Place: The red door center, Temple Bar

The discussion will be about Cruses, types, uses and responsibilities arising from using them. Is there ever a time where is s necessary to apparently harm in order to heal and there are curses that over time turn out to be a blessing in disguise, ok often a really good disguise that can take a long time to figure out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The following chant is an amusing example of the principle that you can't have too much of a good (or in this case bad) thing, it really does go on and on.

I curse ye by a Right line, a Crooked line,
    A Simple and a Broken.
    By flame, by wind, by water,
    By a mass, by rain, by clay.
    By a flying thing, by a creeping thing, by a serpent,
    By an eye, by a hand, by a foot,
    By a crown, by a cross,
    By a sword, and by a scourge,
    I curse thee.
    Haade, Mikaded, Rakeben, Rika, Rita-Lica, Tasarath, Modeca, Rabert, Tuth, Tunch.

Strangely enough the first time I heard that though was where part of it was used in the Wiccan marriage in the film The Doors. I wonder if there actually is a hand-fasting ceremony that uses some of the same lines in use somewhere (they had a Wiccan acting the part of Priestess in the film, bizarrely enough the woman who had been the bride in the actual thing!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

What's An Fainne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

an fainne is the name of the open dublin meeting that is held once a mth.
    there is also a mailing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

How come I cant access the website?
    Is there another link? Could you maybe put me on the mailing list?
    Just interested to see what it is..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

website not responding, interested in the mailing list ;)

• Advertisement

http://indigo.ie/~imago/meet.html

hmmm they seem to have moved the site again.

The mailing list can be signed up for via yahoo groups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Aren't curses meant to screw up your karma, or they get sent back to you with the rule of three?

On a side-note: I'd love to attend that meeting, but I'm too far away, and I'm also going to Holland for a couple of weeks too, so it'd be near-impossible for me to go :/

well yes it can hugely but then again if some one honestly hurt and harmed those that are mine there are ways.

you can wish that the harm that they have done comes on the them times three to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

I can agrre with that. Some people deserve it. Though it hardly ever works if they don't know about it.

Advertisement