Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative DTT3500....dead?

• 13-08-2003 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Got these speakers some time towards the end of last year (i think, might have been ealry this year). About a month after i got em the lights stopped working, as in they'd all be on all the time or all off. (only the options selected were supposed to be illimunated). Was a pain but i thought, **** it i can lie with it.

Turned it on yesterday and no sound came out, was kinda wondering if the patch for windows had affected it (i know, unlikely) so re-installed drivers. Still no luck. Plugged an optical out from a discman into it, nothing so i guess its dead. I can stil hear a hiss from speakers and hum from sub.

MY realy question is, is there anywhere i can get this repaired? What shops in Dublin would do it? (i lost documentation so warranty aint no good :| )

Any suggestions appreciated.

Guess it could be sound card too but my headphones still work as does mic. BLEH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Have ya tried ringing creative ? I had a problem with the breakout box on an audigy I bought, they replaced it for me no questions asked.. Mind you it was still under warranty but they didnt ask me.

Ph: 8207555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have a set of DTT3500's myself working just fine alongside an Audigy Platinum on win2k Pro (sp3)

It took me a couple of days to get the digital sound working and had to mess around with settings. if you#re getting sound from the speakers, then it could be settings acting up.

Advertisement