Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird modem-like sound after fully configuring system.

Options
  • 13-08-2003 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I've just finished modding my fans and everything is running very quietly except that there's this weird sound coming through my speakers that's like the sound a modem makes when it starts dialing up.

It fairly quiet, but irritating enough that I can't really listen to low music or watch a movie without picking it out.

I'm guessing that it's interference but can't figure out where from. Anyone had anything similar?

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

my neigbour has a similar problem, at first it was humorous, now its just annoying.

Here's what i've found out so far. The humming only happens when a cd is spinning in the top cd-drive (the DVD-rom one). The faster the cd/dvd spins, the louder/more irrating the sound becomes. As it isn;t my computer i havn't gone messing inside yet, but i assume that removing the cable from dvd drive to soundcard will fix this problem.

If you have these symptoms, try that solution. i'm fairly sure it'll help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

try going into your volume control and muting auxilary and cd audio inputs (you may have to go into advanced to see them) it can be caused by interference on the analog audio wire connecting cd/dvd to the soundcard

Advertisement