Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid

Options
  • 25-03-1999 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Something Espionage eh....?? I payed 3.50 to rent out this game for 2 nights and anyways....
    I come back form the video store and sit down in front of my tv and slap in the cd into me playstation and start playing..
    After a little VR Training I get the hang of it and say "RIGHT!, Devore's a ****, and I am ready to go ahead and try the actual game on easy mode..."
    I start playing the first level and in 10 seconds flat....I was bored. I truly was ****ing BORED! It was ****e! I was dying to strangle a guy and everytime I went running at 1 about 5 came behind me and shot me to bits. But that's not the point...the game is hard...I admit that. But the basis of this post is to say...that this game truly sucks ass. I can't see what all the hype over it was. It IS Utter bollix...I much prefer Resident Evil 2 and can't wait for RE 3. Maybe it's just me....maybe I didn't get enough outta the game...maybe I should have played it a bit more before making such a harsh judgement...maybe I should have given this game a chance. But to be honest I was bored outta my mind. NOT My sort of game....maybe its yours. My friends seem to like it cos most of them bought it.
    Judge for yourself....POST HERE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

hhhmmm a friend of mine bought it for his playstation and we have been playing it loads (before we had the full game we got our hands on a jap demo of it). I have to admit it takes a while to get used to after the fast pace of quake. But once you get into the mind set its so fun to be sneaking up on guys and strangling the guys. I think its a excellent game just different skills and loads more patience and thinking required then your average ca mosh.

ChRoMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

right Da.. just one point..
    _nobody_ should play this game on easy..
    because its simple.
    incredibly simple.
    start on normal at least.
    even at that skill level many ppl will finish it very quickly
    i'm not a puzzle type solver person but i still managed to get as far as ninja in a 6 hour sitting one nite on my first attempt.. i only had the import on loan from my mate so i didn't play it again but point made anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I thought it was a great game, may be you're too stupid to release that the game is all about sniping and sneaking around not going around guns a blazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

My m8 has a game for the pc called thief project and e says its deadly(must get it off im actually)but it sounds alot like that for some reason
    well the way he explained it to me anyway
    PLAYSTATIONS SUCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kaile

Cheez, its thief the dark project, and its
    kinda cool, more like quake (fpp) though.

We've had metal gear for the playstation
    for months, completed it in japanese, which
    was tough cos I don't speak a word. Got the
    american version a while back and although
    I didnt replay it, my brother reckons its
    one of the best storylines he's ever come
    across. so detailed and ingrossing.
    ..I believe thats what made it so appealing,
    I just like the subterfuge element of the
    game.

theres 2 cents for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thief is nooo way like quake. fpp is as far as it goes. and its a cool game. its all about sneaking about and hiding and coshing ppl on the back of the head and then hiding the bodies.
    my friend is mad about metal gear solid and swears its about the best thing since flushable toilets. then again, he uses a basin at home. and just coz a game is a little cerebral doesnt mean its crap. by god, if anyone ever said that the civ series by sid meyer is crap needs re-educating. its better by far than quake, q2, half life, sin, unreal, anything else. its just not as exciting over the internet. besides, a game of quake only lasts 20 minutes smile.gif
    yis know what i mean anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Yeah, the Civ series of games are the best games ever. I played Civ I on a 386 for about 3 years without getting bored. Got 375% score smile.gif Civ 2 was great too. Alpha Centauri was great, but I didn't like the graphics and it was too easy, even on the hardest skill level. Coolest thing about it is being able to melt the polar Ice caps (while building Pressure domes on all your colonies) and flooding all the enemies gaffs smile.gif Oh yeah, and getting the UN to renounce the charter banning atrocities ! Mmm planet busters...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Metal Gear is one of the best gsmes i have ever played , almost as good as quake , btw has anyone else finished it in under 3.5 hours

Advertisement