Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Report

Options
  • 29-03-1999 3:09pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a ton of work to do so I'll keep this
    uncharacteristically short.

We arrived about 9 on Sat night, ate and met harbeh (thanks for being there to meet us). After dinner, none of us felt much like drinking heavily so we grabbed the computers from the back of the jeep and set up a small lan. Played a few games (Reaper beat me at SC).

We had expected to just turn in for the night when the lads from the LanMeat arrived at about 11:30 after setting it up!!
    They bought us some drinks and we had a good chat (over the sounds of one guy and his home beat machine and microphone ugh).

I was really worried about the games as I knew we would be facing QPD Gibby and DC Slick and we couldnt really afford another loss. Didnt get a whole lot of sleep that night but more then Slann and bunny who stayed up all night playing duels. Great preparation lads smile.gif

The event was BRILLIANTLY organised. within about 15 mins of arriving we were on the lan. The power was a bit dicky but the lads soon sorted it out.

Once we got into the FFAs we realised that we weren't out of our depth as Mickah MP Bunny myself and reaper (playing as DOG) began to systematically kick ass in the friendly FFAs.

Most of us got to the semis which were played on a fragtown map we didnt know :/. My ping went to 110 and despite the best efforts of the lan team, wouldnt go down. Scartch one DeVore.
    Bunny Koopa and few more of us (cant remember) went on to the finals only to be pipped by paradox for the title.
    Then they played the ULTIMATE DEATHMATCH CHAMPIONSHIP ie the q1 v q2 top three.
    PLayed over two levels (q2dm8 and q1dm3) the scores were added together.
    An interesting point was that bunny came second in the q2 games despite being in with the top 3 NI q2ers. Koopa then went nuts on DM3 and made the whole q2 level irrelevant.
    Despite an agreement that they would "try" and avoid each other for the final koopa systematically fragged bunny by acident repeatedly and nicked his kills etc.

the team games were a worry but I felt more confident. We took all three fairly comfortably. More on this later.

I have to say that the entire trip was made an absolute pleasure by the organisers and the players up north. Even as we went for the whitewash third game gibby was laughing a joking with us and there wasa *really* friendly atmosphere. I cant wait for the rematch, I bet they cant either heheh.

So hats off to the lanmeat 7 crew, you worked your asses off and for once I hadnt to do a damn thing except play!

More later.
    DeV.

Advertisement