Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier help?

• 14-08-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

i wasnt sure where to post this so...

When i import a folder containing a sequence of images each image takes about 10 seconds to pass, which means thats 6 frames per minute. Im trying to make an AVI with 30 fps, and i cant import the folders with the proper time sequence.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Making a CS vid or something similar? :P

Its one of the project settings - basically its set up so that when you import titles, banners, etc and insert them into your project they are displayed for a few seconds so you dont have to down to 1 frame time scale to be able to select it.
    I can't remember exactly which tab its under (don't have premiere installed at work) but it s small box that sets the default number of frames a still images is displayed for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

where exactly in the project setting is it? i cant see anything that represents importing timelines or images in a sequence. A friend of mine who is away told me that when you do it right it should all show up as one image instead of a sequence of images.

No more ideas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This is Adobe Premiere you're talking about, yes?
    Do you want to have 30 images per second or 30 frames?
    Import your folder, select all the images and drop them on the video track, then hit File, Export Montage (not sure what it's called in English) and the first option (sequence?). Then load a setting (Microsoft AVI) for example, and save as AVI.

I think...

when i import the folder and put them on the screen the timeline for each image is 5 seconds

http://members.boards.ie/red_ice/example.JPG

The above image is what i mean. I can change it to 1 second per frame but that means i have to import and go through each one!

when i actually set the framerate to 30 fps, its playing the same clip for 5 seconds at 30 fps so that means im getting 150 of the same frames when it ment to print seperate frames.

Thanks for the help so far, but still not quite getting there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Edit, Preferences, Image, set duration of image to 30 (default is 150). Then import the folder and drag to the timeline. If the folder is already imported, the change in default duration will not apply.

yea that plays it back at the right speed, but when i add music it still plays really slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Thats because its trying to play what basically amounts to uncompressed video - do small res previews to see how your vid looks and compress it with something suitable when you export it

Advertisement