Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We talk but nothing is done.

Options
  • 27-03-1999 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

A while ago i posted about the q2 hibs there are a wealth of players this team could take, we have a very high standard on irish servers and we could do with testing the standard against other countries.
    Its about time we look at playing other countries in q2 and stop talking about it.

Look at the league on an even keel we can beat the best.Without the disadvantage of the lag etc on servers on a lan i think the ninja's on irish servers could do a lot o damage on most oppisition.
    Lets stop talking about it a do it man.Its been a year and i think we should look now at getting a national team together now with a view of being ready to kick UK ass.

Comon lets get it goin and stop thinking about it.
    JM

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.K. but I have to be on the team. These sort of post are almost always by guys who reckon they should be on the international team. Tell me I'm wrong!
    If not pick a team yourself and organise a match with another country. It works, believe me! If you organise a game you'll have all the sad wnkers looking to be on the team smile.gif

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

so off you go and do it then ben smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You not being on the team is an excellent reason for you to get the team together and manage them. Just think, you could be the DeVore of Q2!! smile.gif

And with your proven track record in arranging student discos I can think of no better man!! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No way should anyone actually on the team have anything to do with selection etc. cos we all know that a rampant ego is not a nice thing. I vote the lad JM as manager, he promotes stuff in the Real World (TM), so could do a grand job in q2 as well, I reckon.

Course tell me to fu[k off if ye want JM, but it aint a bad oul idea I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

G'man Ben, go for it.

who do u luv...

juNk laa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

as long as i can go quad run i dont care what other muppets i play with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Well i was quite drunk when i posted that but ok .
    I'am not gonna be on it so there's no point me getting the team together i'll get a game goin with uk NP remember they were already looking for one a while back.
    I'll get in touch with rauper if you want but i think we need a couple of months praccy before we go playing UK.

The point of this post is to remind everyone of what was decided before this. But we just forgot about it. I'll sort out Praccies and mail everyone if you want. But i think we should get the team panel together and get them started and used to playing together.

Am i wrong??
    JM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

UK isps Demon and Nildram give good connects to our servers. 60-80 ping for isdn and 130-150 for modem and the same pl as us. ie. not much. So get them to play you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Nice one Von. So come on Janey! get the finger out! You brought this on youself so u have to follow thru =)

I like me...an u...

juNk laa

Right ok them.
    Gimme 2 weeks to get the Panal sorted.Now i am not the best with web sites so maybe Q2n can put up a page like before.

So hahahaha. I'll be watching you all smile.gif

Rules of team so far.
    Muppetry OUT!!!!
    Annoying binds that say how much you rule after a frag OUT!!
    Lep OUT!!
    PeeWEEE OOUUUTTT!!!!!!!!
    ohh blah blah.

• Advertisement

Hmm you could be right. I was playing Hoodsomething yesterday can'y rememberhis name but he was in Singapore with an asdl.

Anyway i don't know how you can find out.Maybe get the news sites in the UK to say something and they might find ourt that way??.

As regards Tactics and selection etc. If i'am gonna manage the team well and good but i do think there should also be a team Captain. Someone that will be on the team anyway.To help with all the selection.

Any sugestions. Spoonman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

But like.......is it gonan be on lans and stuff like the quake1 lads or...like over d net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

both id say
    but net to start off prolly...
    the q1 started on the net smile.gif

Yeah over net to start.Probaly a home and away game IE: 1 on war1 and 1 on Barrysworld.

But as i said alot of practice till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

<HOOD>Nimrod is irish, or at least hes playing from ireland atm. isdn and extremely good. was chattin to him on q2ffa last nite. there may b a few others in uk clans we don't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

PeeWee OU....OU....OUTTTTTTT???? Why????
    What have i ever done to deserve that???
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
    Ah gee mister can i play .. huh .. huh..can i please ??? I promise ill do me darnest to uphold the wally tradition ..please can i ?? huh huh ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

I think all members from [KR] should be the first people to be considered for the panel after all everyone knows the killer rabbits rule smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

You could have got a car, and any 4 quake2 players...gone up to northern Ireland, played against them and won.
    Hindsight I suppose.

Advertisement