Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1942 56k Tweaking/Configs for 56k play!!!!

Options
  • 14-08-2003 11:12am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just bought this today and am wondering if its at all playable on a 56k modem???Everyone I talk to seems to think that its not!!!

Is there any tweaks that can be done to make it playable???(And dont say get BB)

Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

Sorry..... but.......
    Get Broadband. If it is not yet available in your area then try this solution:

1. Move house

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by Meadows
    Sorry..... but.......
    Get Broadband. If it is not yet available in your area then try this solution:

1. Move house

Bit of a stupid answer Meadows.
    I asked for some info on a genuine query with the game and I get a muppet reply.If you havent got anything related to the thread to say then dont reply with smart arsed comments.

And BTW the game IS playable on 56k.I d/l the all seeing eye and regularly play on UK/German servers with pings of less than 150. which gives a fairly ok game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

it is very possible. leave this thread for while and the relevant people will soon reply.

[winters goes gets his voodoo set]

every thread needs a muppet,
    This "all seeing eye" thing sounds great,
    http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/
    I will give it a go when I get home

does anybody know any magical way to play against more yanks on broadband with better pings.
    i mean there is a direct fiberoptic link from Irealnd (rosslare) to America as far as i know?

hopefully the all seeing eye will sort that too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Meadows
    every thread needs a muppet,

come again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    come again?

Meadows is referring himself to be the "muppet" of this thread.

It is possible to play BF on 56k. Just make sure your 56k is connected at a good speed and can handle at least 4 kb/s constant transferring.

It is best to play on close-by servers, Irish [iol] and UK would give the best pings for Irish 56k'ers but you can also get goot ones from Boomtown [Denmark] and some in France and Holland etc. close by countires really.

All-Seeing-Eye is a must for finding servers. You can filter it to only show Irish and UK servers, or only European servers etc. making it easier to find them. I would reccomend it. also make sure your ingame connection speed is set to 56k.

Meadows, you wanna play against yanks play in servers located in the states. you will find enough there. Wanna play againt dumb yanks ... any server in the states will do. ;) ... na, EA ones would be full of muppets probably. as they always are.

oh yes, dont worry, I know well the only good thing americans is that they speak english aswell. Thats the only draw to american servers. Either that or I will have to learn the french and german for "ha ha ha, eat my stingers" and "ho, ho, look whos at the top of the scorelist"

Advertisement