Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using music with Keygrip

Options
  • 29-03-1999 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

anyone know how to add cool music to a quake demo without me goin findin it out for meself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

while im at it, anyone know what an 'out of handles' error is with keygrip? its when i try and preview a demo, ar$e of a programme

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 29-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

Z
    got a tutorial for keygrip
    ive only just got it and havent had alot of time but like somethin to look over would be useful! smile.gif

ta...
    seppy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Open up the help, and go through the tutorial step by step. It will be long and boring, however once you cop how it all works making Demo's are a doddle.

It's pretty simple to add music to a demo, the only thing is if you want to synch the music to the Demo then you have to start chopping frames and stuff.

First off, other sounds can mess with the music, so what you can do is take a copy of the demo and wipe out all music/ambient effects.

Now put your music in. It should tell you how many frames it will live for. Now play the demo and make a note where you you want sounds to go back in. Step through the demo and manually put the sound back in and play that part of the demo.

This is slow to do !! So don't expect mircles smile.gif Quicker to just leave the music and remove the sound effects.

I take it KG2 works the same way as KG for Quake.

Oh yea, the demo making is a bit funky with extra files, so it's best if you create a game directory and put them under there. See http://pit.quake.ie/movies/files/screamt.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

what happened to nadesushi?!...i'd nice maps done and all sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

To create the first dm2 files which are to be run through keygrip we need a server with NO lag whatsoever when the people are on it recording. This is something I can't do here. So I asked Sheron and Tecno to do it, and that's the last I heard of it.

I have more to say on it, check out the Design board for my further comments (in a little while).

• Advertisement
Advertisement