Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link DSL-504 & IOL BB

Options
  • 14-08-2003 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been happily using IOLBB for a while now, using a D-Link DSL-504 "ADSL Router". It works, but there are a couple of niggling problems...

The "Connect on Demand" feature doesn't work. I have it disabled, and have to go into the web interface and click on the "Connect" button to get connected. This wouldn't be too bad if IOL let connections live indefinitely, but they seem to drop connections every 6 hours. (Not sure if that's still the case, as I don't usually keep the thing connected that long, anyway - but it certainly was the case a few weeks back.)

If I enable the "Connect on Demand" feature, it just won't connect at all!

Also, some screens in the web interface are missing - if I select the " Configuration/Advanced Filtering & Firewall" screen, I just get: "The requested URL '/html/fIpFilterTable.html' was not found on the RomPager server."

I'm wondering if a firmware upgrade would help? Searching the web, I found a few sites that list firmware versions, but it's pretty complicated - there are lots of versions for different countries, and no single "best" or "latest" version, even for a given country.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the DSL-504? It would be good to know if anyone has one of these devices and *doesn't* have these problems, too, especially if they could tell me what firrware version they've got. (You can find that in "Maintenance/Update Firmware".)

My current version:

Current Firmware Version R2.21.002.06.b2t10uk
    ADSL driver Version 1.3.5.03182002.0001

Has anyone even updated the firmware on one of these beasts? And any idea how to do that using a Linux PC? (Okay, I can reboot into Win98 if I have to... :)

Thanks in advance, for any help!

Advertisement