Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in Lucan

Options
  • 14-08-2003 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Finally....NTL have reached my estate in Lucan. I should be getting connected next Saturday. They have a billboard truck driving around all the new estates they've connected advertising the fact that you can sign up with them. Apparently the roll out is back on again!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What estate are you living in? Would you mind seeing if you can jot down or remember a few of the new estates they've enabled, and sticking them up here? :)

NTL owe us a lot of money, so a few month's free broadband wouldn't be bad at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I saw two of their engineers outside my house yesterday and asked them for any update on the rollout. Imagine my surprise when they said they had just turned on my estate! I asked them about the rest of Lucan too.
    Lucan1 as they call it was the initial phase, roughly Earlsfort up to Moyglas on the newer side of Lucan.
    Lucan2 which has just been turned on goes from Moyglas upto, and I think beyond, Hayden's lane.
    Lucan3 will be St.Finnians estate/ Arthur Griffith park and the older part of Lucan on the same side of the dual carriageway. This is still about six months away they reckon because most of the cabling is still overhead.

I was told to expect a rep calling to the door once the finishing touches are in place, and lo and behold I had a guy at the door this evening. He was kind enough to tell me that the €30/month 150kbps service is three times as fast as a dial up connection, BUT the €40/month 600kbps is eighteen times as fast. Made me wonder how a maths graduate ended up selling cable internet door to door :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

Here is a list of the estates (4000 Homes) enabled two-way for broadband in Lucan 1.

Abbeywood
    Ash Park
    Castle Riada
    Colthurst
    Earlsfort
    Esker Meadow
    Foxborough
    Forester
    Griffeen
    Moy Glas
    Oldbridge
    Rochford Downs
    Rosberry

There is a 1000 homes enabled in Lucan 2 I will give you the list next week

Blue Ice

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I'm in Rossberry myself....when I saw the billboard truck it was actually parked in Tully Hall which is right next door to us. Tully hall isn't on the list above but I would imagine it's cvonnected too. I guess they must be working there way along griffeen Avenue for this phase.
    I know some people have already signed up in Lucan and commented favourable on the service they recieved. If any of you could comment on how things have been since that would be great. Have there been any problems with connections or speed or anything else?

Advertisement