Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox trade

Options
  • 14-08-2003 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey guys, is noone interested in swapping Xbox games here?

Trading forum thread

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

Oddly enough, I probably would be, and I possibly know others who would be too. What have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Anyone got Robocop I cant find it in any of the main shops (Game, Smyths)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

Woohoo response :)

info can be seen in above thread. Just noone answered that one.

I have Jedi Knight II Outcast (brilliant, just finished it) and Brute Force. Also have Morrowind, which I havent played in ages, but I think I will keep that :)

btw, what games do you have?

Dave? anyone?

So noone, has any Xbox games they are looking to trade or sell?

:confused: (yeah, I tried the trading forum, which is more or less dead)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by Repli
    Anyone got Robocop I cant find it in any of the main shops (Game, Smyths)

Trust me, you don't want it.

Worst Robocop game ever.

Stick to the arcade games by Data East or Robocop vs Terminator on the Mega Drive. Mod the Xbox and you can play them through emulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

yep it's a total piece of crap - let me know if you want any info about modding

emulated megadrive games run sweet on the xbox

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Hmmmm i'd be interested in modding my Xbox. What chip is currently considered the best/easiest to install? And where do I get emulators & MAME stuff?

And if anyone is interested in trading i've got
    MechAssault
    Timesplitters 2
    for trade - preferably for Metal Gear Solid 2: substance if anyones got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hickz

The easiest modchip to install is the matrix because you dont have to solder it, dead handy to put in

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

matrix and other pogo pin solutions are expensive and unreliable - granted if you can't solder then it's much easier - but the matrix won't work on the newer consoles(it's not really sold anymore) earlier executer chips with pogo pins are the same - the chameleon is probably the best option for no soldering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

The matrix modchip is pretty unreliable all right, although all the pogo pin solutions are. At this stage my advice if you want to go down the pogo pin route would be to get an xecuter 2.2 lite + . I havent had any experience with the chameleon. Most people seem to go for the Xecuter chips as far as I can tell.

To tell the truth though, if you intend on moving your xbox around at all and dont want to have to open it up every time you bump into it I'd recommend using a solder modchip. It really is better for your xbox and your sanity in the long run and isnt really very hard at all to do.

errr Xbox trade games? ah feck it, gonna go to Game today, and trade in Jedi Knight II outcast. gonna get Soldier of Fortune II or Medal of Honour + 007 Nightfire. Gonna hang on to Brute Force for the time being, in case some1 would like to trade.

Advertisement