Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL now live on Lucan2 node.

Options
  • 14-08-2003 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Had a chat with a couple of NTL guys outside my house yesterday to ask them about plans to extend the Lucan rollout and was told they had just switched on what they call Lucan2. The connection point or node is on Hayden's Lane and from what they said it covers the newer part of Lucan from Moyglas towards the west. They said to expect door to door reps calling around in the near future.
    Also asked about the rest of Lucan, i.e. St.Finnians/Arthur Griffith etc. and they said those estates were on Lucan3 and would be another couple of months due to the cables being overhead.
    Thought yis might like to know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Yeah, I feel vindicated as I have hounded NTL for over a year now about Cable BB in my estate-Johnsbridge. Anyway I have it installed in my house since Tuesday and its working fine. Ping times average 41 ms to www.boards.ie. Installation was done very quickly and efficiently by NTL so only good things to report so far. I got the 600k package and Winmx zips on it!

Bye Bye Dial up- I wanted to cancel my Eircom line but my sigmicant other has preferred to pay it by herself so now Eircom are solely her problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I don't suppose ya'd know if/when they'll extend just a little further west into Leixlip? Failed the eircom line test:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

You might be better of going for a DSL for now

Blue Ice

Advertisement