Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ixoy thanks for asking question for me but i also have to add another one :)

Options
  • 14-08-2003 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

ixoy dude, you asked the same question i wanted to ask! :)

Netsource rocks! i don't give a crap about pings, because the only thing i'm interested in is DOWNLOADING! and no CAP!, and as long as the speed is constant it's GREAT!

BUT! there is another thing, i like on the third floor, which overlooks the Dublin, and IBB told me, that there might me a great possibility that i'm gonna get the signal here! and as you know IBB is 1MB! and yea there is no problem with the install price, but what about speeds? and downs? do you guys get constant 100Kb/s?, does it go down often? i'm very worried because as most of the guys complained here, you get like 7 Kb/s with 1meg line, so that sucks! i really don't want to throw my money away

now question about eircom

i have eircom, i-stream, and this month is the 12th, so the end of the contract, and if i want to switch to netsource, how do i do it? do i ring them and they'll do that work with eircom themselfs? or do i have to ring eircom, close the contract(leave the phone line), and ring netsource and install them?

does eircom's old DSL modem work with Netsource? it's Ethernet "Alcatel"

i live in Dublin 8, Inchicore, are there any other ISPs available here? i think no! i thought about Esat, but i don't think so!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

i have eircom, i-stream, and this month is the 12th, so the end of the contract, and if i want to switch to netsource, how do i do it?
    Ring Netsource and ask them if they can take of this for you or wether you need tot ell Eircom to stuff it yourself.

Make sure you ring Eircom before your 12th month is over to cancel as i belive its a rolling contract. (ie 12 months +1 day = another 12 months, or is that a flate rate package. Bit hazy)
    does eircom's old DSL modem work with Netsource? it's Ethernet "Alcatel"
    Yes it should, are you sure its yours tho and that your not just renting this from Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yep, i payed for modem it is mine

Advertisement